• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers to sign Miles Sanders

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, shaq said:

No clue where you got those stats, but by majority of advanced metrics Miles Sanders was the more efficient RB last year. Combined with him actually having receiving upside compared to Donta. Give me Miles all mf day! Also you don’t need 3 good rbs, Miles Sanders and Chuba is a top 15 rb duo in the league. I’d rather draft some bigger redzone back then pay Donta.

D2F7512C-F976-4F4C-8B0A-65C1ECCDBEAA.jpeg

24E11612-74C3-4008-91D3-66E6DCB35288.jpeg

These stats I was reading off were ADJUSTED FOR THE PLAY AROUND THE PLAYER. All of these stats are not adjusted.

Foreman averaging double the yards over expectation as Sanders is all I need to know for how effective the player is. 

And, I'm still saying give me both. Having two guys like this with a rookie QB would not be a bad thing. 

12 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

These stats I was reading off were ADJUSTED FOR THE PLAY AROUND THE PLAYER. All of these stats are not adjusted.

Foreman averaging double the yards over expectation as Sanders is all I need to know for how effective the player is. 

And, I'm still saying give me both. Having two guys like this with a rookie QB would not be a bad thing. 

Relax buddy, by the way if you’re gonna use statistics then cite them. You’re essentially saying nothing with out backing up your claims with evidence. Also, receiving ability in the modern NFL is incredibly important. There’s a reason NFL GMS value Foreman significantly less than Sanders. That’s not my opinion that’s what people who actually know what their talking about think.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Losing good players always hurts. You think the eagles will be just as good as they were last year? Make it to the bowl again? I don't think they will, a playoff team yes but will probably take a step back (I hope so anyway).

I think they reload and will be just as good as they were this season.They are working to get better just like everyone else. 

7 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Our run blocking was one of the best in the NFL. Pass blocking is where our line broke down. So we should be fine to ground and pound. Just get Foreman with Sanders and we will be good to go. 

We are not near as good as philly's o-line

Which is elite enough to take the loss of

Sanders in stride.

3 hours ago, shaq said:

Relax buddy, by the way if you’re gonna use statistics then cite them. You’re essentially saying nothing with out backing up your claims with evidence. Also, receiving ability in the modern NFL is incredibly important. There’s a reason NFL GMS value Foreman significantly less than Sanders. That’s not my opinion that’s what people who actually know what their talking about think.

If you want to have a good laugh take a look at the "star" he's using to base his entire debate on. Read how it was created.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/next-gen-stats-intro-to-expected-rushing-yards

Then look at what it suggest about various running backs if you use it for comparison

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/rushing#yards

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Do me a favor and check on his 2022 season and see where that ranks on the amcoolio elite-o-meter. compare it to others as well, please...

Why do people take such offense to facts on this forum

over 6 million a year is a lot of money for a running back that doesn't catch many passes and is very streaky. I'm well aware of Miles' production, I said initially I liked the signing, but when the money came out we overpaid. It's not like I'm the only person with this opinion

12 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

over 6 million a year is a lot of money for a running back that doesn't catch many passes and is very streaky. I'm well aware of Miles' production, I said initially I liked the signing, but when the money came out we overpaid. It's not like I'm the only person with this opinion

Didnt mean to affend you. 

Just asked you how 1,200+ yards and 8 TDs were on your scale.

Not looking for the same opinion, Id personally take that type of season for 6.2 whatever......plus its better than paying 16 million for a RB. Plus i asked nicely to compare to other RBs, sorry to have bothered you. 

Keep pounding. 

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Didnt mean to affend you. 

Just asked you how 1,200+ yards and 8 TDs were on your scale.

Not looking for the same opinion, Id personally take that type of season for 6.2 whatever......plus its better than paying 16 million for a RB. Plus i asked nicely to compare to other RBs, sorry to have bothered you. 

Keep pounding. 

You didn't bother me, I wasn't singling you out, sorry if it seemed that way

Foreman just got 3 million... Jamaal Williams who just had 17 TD just got 4 million...I am just in the camp that unless you are CMC, Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles... that level of RB, I'd rather not have a big contract for a RB considering how replaceable RB's are in the league right now...as evidenced that very few if at all are drafted in the 1st round. Every dollar counts in the NFL, and I wanted to be more flexible next offseason in a much better class of free agents

Same with Hurst....it is a lot of money for a tight end that I'm not sure will ultimately make a big difference in terms of wins....we are gambling on both Sanders and Hurst that they improve to be much better than their new contracts. It's possible I suppose.

3 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

You didn't bother me, I wasn't singling you out, sorry if it seemed that way

Foreman just got 3 million... Jamaal Williams who just had 17 TD just got 4 million...I am just in the camp that unless you are CMC, Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles... that level of RB, I'd rather not have a big contract for a RB considering how replaceable RB's are in the league right now...as evidenced that very few if at all are drafted in the 1st round. Every dollar counts in the NFL, and I wanted to be more flexible next offseason in a much better class of free agents

Same with Hurst....it is a lot of money for a tight end that I'm not sure will ultimately make a big difference in terms of wins....we are gambling on both Sanders and Hurst that they improve to be much better than their new contracts. It's possible I suppose.

If you asked me before any RB signed, Id clearly have sanders above williams and foreman. We are talking here 6.2 compared to 3-4, not like sanders signed for 10+. 6 is right around 12th, the top guys are 16, 15 and lots of 12s. 

Sanders has very little wear along with being 25. While recently hes not caught much, he is capable. Duce was with philly and love scouting him. Duce only stayed one year and in that year sanders caught 50 with 500 rec yards. Hes a 3 down back, while foreman and williams are not. Sanders can blitz pick up. He can motion out to slot and force D to matchup. Foreman and williams can not. 

Ive been hating on the panthers and paying RBs before dwill, totally agree with you. They got rid of paying one 16 per and his replacement is at 6.2. He has similar skills as CMC. Panthers need weapons and sanders is one.  

Its fine not joining the love fest, but this shouldnt be that much on the scale while looking at the whole picture(coaches, history, talent, system, etc)

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, amcoolio said:

That was an opinion. He was debating your opinion. That's not taking offense.

Edited by csx