• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Besides QB, what do y'all think are out biggest draft needs?

Panthero

On 4/19/2023 at 9:33 AM, MHS831 said:

Here is how I see it:

Tier 1:  OLB/Edge  I just don't see Haynes, Barno, or YGM as being good enough to play opposite Burns.  I have this at Tier 1 because we need a starter or rotational guy day 1, imo.  By the way, if NT is a bigger problem than I realized, I could see us taking Mazi Smith at 39 if there.

Tier 2:  CB, G.  I think CB is a bigger problem than we are acknowledging.  DJax has a torn Achilles, Horn has been a bit fragile, and Henderson and Taylor were posterized by Evans and I can't forget it. The draft is pretty deep at CB as well--gotta fish while the fishing is good.  I think they may want to pull Christensen out as a swing T and find a starting LG--Cade was not bad last year--As for a backup C, we have Mays and McCown.

Tier 3: WR, TE, FS: The reason I have WR so low is that I do not see the need big enough for us to bypass an edge in round 2.  After that, we have a full roster of smallish slots--which is what this draft is all about.  TE?  I would have had this #1, but we signed Hurst and have Tremble and Thomas---not great, but not our biggest need either. 

It with take Fitterer magic to pull this off but, I really believe we need to come out of this draft with at least two starter capable of this group: OLB/Edge, CB, G.  To do this, Fittz may have to trade down from 39 (ugh), trade a player to create draft capital (Chinn) or swap a 2024 pick for a 2023 pick (ugh again).  None of these options are optimal.  As much as I like Chinn, he may be a 'man without a country' in Evero's 3-4 scheme but, he has trade value.

• Pie 2

On 4/20/2023 at 4:59 PM, bythenbrs said:

It with take Fitterer magic to pull this off but, I really believe we need to come out of this draft with at least two starter capable of this group: OLB/Edge, CB, G.  To do this, Fittz may have to trade down from 39 (ugh), trade a player to create draft capital (Chinn) or swap a 2024 pick for a 2023 pick (ugh again).  None of these options are optimal.  As much as I like Chinn, he may be a 'man without a country' in Evero's 3-4 scheme but, he has trade value.

We need a CB who can play and an Edge.  I personally think Mays can step up at G if needed---but I am not that informed about his limited performance in 2022.  I think BC should be a swing T with the ability to backup C.  We still need a player--This (my opinion) changes as I do more research and read more posts, but I think you are right--I truly see OLB/Edge as our biggest nonQB need, followed by CB and OL.

• Pie 2

• 6 months later...

1 WR - Tee Higgins

2 WR#2- 2nd round draft pick

3 NT - FA

4 EDGE- FA 1 year deal Marcus Davenport maybe 

5 TE- Draft 3/4 the round

6 O line - C and G - FA/Draft

7 LB- Draft 4/5th round 

8 NB- Draft 4/5th round

I think those are all positions of need. TBH an argument could be made that almost every single position on offense needs to be upgraded besides RG and RT. Above are realistic targets I could see us going after

• Pie 1