• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do the Panthers take advantage of a strong TE class or ignore drafting a TE since they signed Hurst?

jayboogieman

15 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

Do you remember what we gave up to trade for Olsen?  Travis Kelce was a 3rd round pick.  That is a theme with the TE position.  I would love to have a conversation about this.  But you have to be honest about what we are talking about.

Yeah, and you can get Steve Smith in the 3rd. Tom Brady in the 6th.

These guys are noteworthy because they're very much the exception not the rule

10 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

TE is different.  You just learned something today.  You are welcome. LOL

https://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/te

I guess you've missed that this is the best TE class in at least a decade. Not all drafts are created equal. #39 is not "really high". There are TEs taken prior to #49 in virtually every draft.

I don't think you're proving the point you're trying to prove here.

22 hours ago, countryboi said:

Draft the best player regardless of position

This is the one true rule and nearly all GMs/HC/owners always break it. 

Im that to a fault, but being honest....this year I broken it as well......just thought edge was the only choice for the 39th/2nd and WR for the next. Thats wrong. BPA.

Panthers need the most talented players. 

LOL at the idea hurst is too "good" for drafting a TE, ooo my.....

Panthers may only have 2-4 players that could not be ungraded with the 39th pick......ickey, horn and 1st overall QB............. thats about it. Even an edge at 39 could best burns and his constant 9-ish sack numbers. 

If the clear best pick is TE, draft him!  Odds are in the favor of that, looking at the history and this years class. 

In a Reich offense, he builds the passing game around 8 receivers - 3 WRs, 3 TEs, and 2 RBs. They need to be strong and tough. He wants tall TEs. WRs and TEs need have 4.5 speed and RBs need to be sub 4.5. Appears to me Reich wants 1 vet leader at RB and TE that fits his system. I expect he will want to draft 2 TEs.

Zach Kuntz is the only TE that fits what Reich wants. Jelani Woods was that TE build last year. He wants excellent TE speed, height, and great hands in his TE.

If QB is not the target with the #1, I could see the Panthers switching spots with the Texans so they can have Bryce Young, and then swapping with the Colts so they can have CJ Stroud. The Panthers could pick up 3 2nd round picks and Jelani Woods by moving down to #4.

The Panthers could have Hayden Hurst, Jelani Woods, and Zach Kuntz for their TE packages. Panthers would also add the #33, 35, and 65 picks to go along with the #4 and 39 pick. This would add immediate impact players at several positions to pair with the vets that have been signed.

37 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

People are really overlooking our CB depth. If that's bpa at 39 we should do it

Heres a nugget I seen- during the gamecock pro-day, panthers DB&CB coaches did some of the workout drills for players. Cam smith had a grrrreeeeaaat showing there according to everyone who was there, all the teams started to drool. Followed where the rumors that his floor is now carolinas 2nd round pick 39(they got it wrong).

1357099812_Screenshot2023-03-206_25_21PM.thumb.png.52e02570c72f43d21abaf65369623621.png

• Beer 1