• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Pro Day

OldhamA

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I need to quit watching this dude highlights. The more I watch the more im thinking we should gamble on him at #1.

The coaching staff makes me think we can turn him into something special. From all reports this dude has a hard work ethic and is willing to learn. I don't know this will be a hard decision.

It would be so tempting.  If he hits his ceiling he will dominate this league.  I would stick with Stroud because I think his floor is solid and his ceiling his high, but damn it would be tempting....

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I hate to scramble any minds here because this is already water torture, but IF AR is Cam could STROUD be Gabbert?!

Only the hurndog could sniff that one out 100% that year because neck speech had Gabbert as the #1.

Oh the agony!

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/blaine-gabbert-1.html

Definitely not!  You need to apologize to Stroud for that one!

6'4" 232lbs, runs a 4.4, can throw 80yrds sitting down.

I don't know guys. He's like crack to Cam bandwagon. He could dominate. 

This is tough because when it's STROUD vs Young to me, just to me, that's easy. Now STROUD vs Richardson, especially after pro day, AR has the very high potential of being a Cam and as we ALL know here, Cam at 80% was still a good QB. Cam at 100% we all know what that looks like.

But the refs though, will they penalize him in the pocket with no-calls in an effort to equalize the run threat and TD threat Cam was? That was the campaign against Cam NFL wide those years in a nutshell.

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/blaine-gabbert-1.html

Definitely not!  You need to apologize to Stroud for that one!

See, the margins are even more maddening here.

AR makes this a very tough decision. The teams under us, their decision is easy and I think AR is trending upward. The backflips?! The arm?! The speed?! Power?!

Cookie Monster Omg GIF

People that have also trained big time QBs are saying ARs arm is the best they've seen EVER as far as a bazooka, those guys are talking about "all time" type of arm.

Guys. Fitt gut check time. I'm glad it's not me. I love a couple of these QBs obviously but AR is the one I'd run away with...sorry....and I wouldn't understand why...

Sad Season 4 GIF by The Office

37 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

6'4" 232lbs, runs a 4.4, can throw 80yrds sitting down.

I don't know guys. He's like crack to Cam bandwagon. He could dominate. 

This is tough because when it's STROUD vs Young to me, just to me, that's easy. Now STROUD vs Richardson, especially after pro day, AR has the very high potential of being a Cam and as we ALL know here, Cam at 80% was still a good QB. Cam at 100% we all know what that looks like.

But the refs though, will they penalize him in the pocket with no-calls in an effort to equalize the run threat and TD threat Cam was? That was the campaign against Cam NFL wide those years in a nutshell.

The pro day should never change your opinion.. 

• Pie 2

His experience as a starter and college statistics/tape does not qualify him to be the first overall selection--not when 2 others are sitting there with all boxes pretty much checked.  Yes, he is a great athlete.  Many great athletes in the NFL bust.  Killing the combine and pro days is not where gems are found, it is where fool's gold is found.  Buyer beware.  I want a fast processor, not a track star at QB.  That's just my preference.

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

People that have also trained big time QBs are saying ARs arm is the best they've seen EVER as far as a bazooka, those guys are talking about "all time" type of arm.

Guys. Fitt gut check time. I'm glad it's not me. I love a couple of these QBs obviously but AR is the one I'd run away with...sorry....and I wouldn't understand why...

Sad Season 4 GIF by The Office

Same thing said about Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Mallet and Jay Cutler..

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

His experience as a starter and college statistics/tape does not qualify him to be the first overall selection--not when 2 others are sitting there with all boxes pretty much checked.  Yes, he is a great athlete.  Many great athletes in the NFL bust.  Killing the combine and pro days is not where gems are found, it is where fool's gold is found.  Buyer beware.  I want a fast processor, not a track star at QB.  That's just my preference.

Tyrelle Pryor