• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Pro Day

OldhamA

4 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Which is crazy because they've traded away so much for the pick.

I wouldn't be able to understand being so aggressive with the trade then taking the 'safest' pick. 

The realization that they made such a move that cost so much sets in along with the idea that being wrong means their jobs. Honestly, if you move up to 1 like they did, then you shouldn't care about playing it safe afterwards. Even the safest prospect can bust, so just take the guy you feel will be the best.

• Pie 2

47 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Isn't this coaching staff, with their centuries of experience, the right staff to develop Richardson?

Not everything can be developed. There’s an “it” factor that some guys have that I don’t think Richardson has. You can’t teach him to love film and eat and breathe football and be a perfectionist of his craft, that’s something that comes from within.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Not everything can be developed. There’s an “it” factor that some guys have that I don’t think Richardson has. You can’t teach him to love film and eat and breathe football and be a perfectionist of his craft, that’s something that comes from within.

What makes you think he doesn't love film and / or football?

With regards to the 'it' factor, Stroud is the one that worries me there. Absolutely stacked rosters the two years he started and zero big games won.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

And we, fans, don't know if he has that drive or not. All we'll ever know is hearsay.

True to an extent. We do know he had a 53% completion percentage. I find it difficult to believe he applied himself as fully as say Bryce Young or CJ Stroud, especially given his immense physical talent.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

What makes you think he doesn't love film and / or football?

With regards to the 'it' factor, Stroud is the one that worries me there. Absolutely stacked rosters the two years he started and zero big games won.

Maybe he does, but he didn’t really show it in his on-field performance. Too many questions for #1 overall when you’re comparing him to guys who you know can run an NFL offense and process.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

True to an extent. We do know he had a 53% completion percentage. I find it difficult to believe he applied himself as fully as say Bryce Young or CJ Stroud, especially given his immense physical talent.

Maybe it's because he was coached by Sunbelt Billy and surrounded by awful talent in Gainesville?

I suspect that's why he bolted to the NFL after one season as the starter. 

• Pie 1

I was on the AR train early.

But upon further review watching the highlights of Byrce Young vs Georgia, Anthony Richardson vs Georgia, and CJ Stroud vs Georgia.

Stroud stood out the most to me as far as command of the offense, and being accurate with the football.

I'm intrigued by the potential of Richardson. But man you have to get it right with #1 pick 

• Pie 1

Look at it like horse racing, the draft trade to 1st overall represents a huge pile of your eggs being wagered. 

AR is too much a long shot to bet huge to win. Maybe you play a place or show bet, but putting huge amounts down, you want the safer bet.  Better chance to win, means less chance to lose. 

Spending the 9th would be a different story.
My preference would be to place a longer odds bet on a guy at 9 (rather than to bet so much we are afraid to place on what we think could be the fastest horse).

Unlike horse racing, you can win the same amount betting 5 bet or 50 if you choose wisely. Years of picks, or a 3rd rounder, pay the same when they hit. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I wonder if they take him out to dinner after the pro day? I just find it odd they did it with Levis but not with AR.

It's odd because he is different from the rest of the pack. 

When you got your guy you give him special treatment. The after dinner pro day is a good way to cap off the date right?

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Maybe it's because he was coached by Sunbelt Billy and surrounded by awful talent in Gainesville?

I suspect that's why he bolted to the NFL after one season as the starter. 

Since people love this comparison, you know how many members of Cam Newton’s offense at Auburn got drafted (besides Cam)? 1. Lee Ziemba. Yet Cam still put them on his back and carried them to a national title. That’s a dude that has “it”. Richardson ain’t it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1