• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Graziano: People in the league believe Panthers drafting CJ Stroud

TheSpecialJuan

9 hours ago, rayzor said:

i think you are probably right on the source of the info, but i'm not totally seeing what you are on Bryce. i think he'll be really stinking good.

I just think you're gambling by taking a 5'10, 185 lb QB. I know he got up to 204 for the Combine but he didn't weigh in at his Pro Day and ordered Scallops and Salad, not exactly the order of someone trying to maintain muscle mass. Hell, I'm 5'10 170 and I've been next to NFL offensive linemen...just a huge difference even between the SEC and NFL.

I just think that when you go number one, you need to be as sure as possible and you're praying for an anomaly if you take Young. Doesn't have any elite traits throwing the ball or in his athleticism and at his size I really, really think that you need one or the other.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think Young is the better player but it is close.  CJ does stick in the pocket a little more than Young.  Size is definitely a consideration especially when Young’s game is predicated on moving around and improvising with which he is an absolutely a magician but can he consistently get away with that in the NFL?  Questionable.  Having a CJ Stroud day today.  IMO, Bryce played against top defensive talent more and dominated but Stroud is so fuggin accurate and is clearly still improving.  

If you look at flat stats Stroud was incredible.  Damn this is a tough decision for me.  

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

I just think you're gambling by taking a 5'10, 185 lb QB. I know he got up to 204 for the Combine but he didn't weigh in at his Pro Day and ordered Scallops and Salad, not exactly the order of someone trying to maintain muscle mass. Hell, I'm 5'10 170 and I've been next to NFL offensive linemen...just a huge difference even between the SEC and NFL.

I just think that when you go number one, you need to be as sure as possible and you're praying for an anomaly if you take Young. Doesn't have any elite traits throwing the ball or in his athleticism and at his size I really, really think that you need one or the other.

With Bryce you really have to commit to the Brees/Saints era philosophy of stacking the O-line/Receivers, and even then I don't think Bryce has a prime Brees arm. He's also at least 2" shorter and 10 pounds lighter. I"m not going to watch all his game film but did Bryce even take a snap under center at Bama? I don't know if he can even run play action under center in the NFL because he usually likes a shotgun snap and then another 3 yard drop just to get his throwing lanes open/room to get the ball over D-line hands

7 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I think Young is the better player but it is close.  CJ does stick in the pocket a little more than Young.  Size is definitely a consideration especially when Young’s game is predicated on moving around and improvising with which he is an absolutely a magician but can he consistently get away with that in the NFL?  Questionable.  Having a CJ Stroud day today.  IMO, Bryce played against top defensive talent more and dominated but Stroud is so fuggin accurate and is clearly still improving.  

If you look at flat stats Stroud was incredible.  Damn this is a tough decision for me.  

Star Wars GIF

• Flames 1