• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cynthia Frelund with an interesting analytics look at CJ Stroud and Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You can hijack them if you want.  I just don't think it makes you the victim you think you are.  

lmao. you keep wanting to paint me as a victim when you are the one avoiding simple questions.

You can ask a few here, if you come at me, I come twice as hard. 

No victim mentality in real life or cyber life buddy!

2 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

lmao. you keep wanting to paint me as a victim when you are the one avoiding simple questions.

You can ask a few here, if you come at me, I come twice as hard. 

No victim mentality in real life or cyber life buddy!

"lmao" I already responded to your question.  Asking it over and over again won't change my answer magically.  However keep hijacking this thread to help prove my point.

• Beer 1

First, Not in any of the QB camps. I AM A PANTHERS FAN.

In regards to this whole QB debacle, it is my opinion, sometimes in life you have to roll the dice to get rewarded.

I try and avoid the “safe” play if the name of the game is “win.”

#opinion

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

"lmao" I already responded to your question.  Asking it over and over again won't change my answer magically.  However keep hijacking this thread to help prove my point.

lol, your answer was that it didn't bother you, which is a lie you tell yourself.

also, I don't mind "proving" your point. You & your little clique are so worried about validation, you are afraid to truly express how you feel.

Hence, you keep saying "I'll be happy with either" but bash anyone who talks about Bryce. lmao.

• Poo 2

1 minute ago, Ivory Panther said:

lol, your answer was that it didn't bother you, which is a lie you tell yourself.

also, I don't mind "proving" your point. You & your little clique are so worried about validation, you are afraid to truly express how you feel.

Hence, you keep saying "I'll be happy with either" but bash anyone who talks about Bryce. lmao.

Just because multiple people don't agree with you doesn't make them a clique.  The other Bryce Young fan on this thread is fine.  Seems logical and normal to me.  There are plenty of arguments to be made for either QB.  Maybe Young isn't the issue people are having with your posts.  Maybe it's just you?

PS "lmao" and "lol" you forgot roflmao!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Just because multiple people don't agree with you doesn't make them a clique.  The other Bryce Young fan on this thread is fine.  Seems logical and normal to me.  There are plenty of arguments to be made for either QB.  Maybe Young isn't the issue people are having with your posts.  Maybe it's just you?

PS "lmao" and "lol" you forgot roflmao!

So again, tell me why I'm the issue.

You are making dumb statement w/o substance. lol (since it seems to get under your skin so much) lmao

• Poo 1

I won’t read the whole thread but this is essentially the QB discussion:

1. Young would be QB1 but too small.

2. Stroud would be QB1 but can’t handle pressure (only counter is GA game).

3. Matt Corral died. 

4. Levis drinks Mayo.

5. AR15 is secretly a TE.

6. Hooker doesn’t contribute to, but draws social security.

This is basically it until the draft right?

• Pie 4

30 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I won’t read the whole thread but this is essentially the QB discussion:

1. Young would be QB1 but too small.

2. Stroud would be QB1 but can’t handle pressure (only counter is GA game).

3. Matt Corral died. 

4. Levis drinks Mayo.

5. AR15 is secretly a TE.

6. Hooker doesn’t contribute to, but draws social security.

This is basically it until the draft right?

Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

• Beer 1

I’ll try and help with the irritating Bryce Young fan club part. 
No Panther fan is supposed to be a rabid fan of the player in this situation. If you are looking at college players, they are draft prospects.

But I see Bryce this, Bryce that. No one has ever been successful at his weight and size, But Bryce Will Be! Bryce Bryce Bryce Bryce lol. 
It is too important for the fanboy mindset.

And finally, defending the guy for playing games with his weight and whatever else he declined to do, is kind of fanboy stuff too. That is a legit thing to question. At the least gets an incomplete compared to those that were open books. 
His agent telling him to not throw, weigh, whatever, that’s NA. It’s not a magic thing that makes what he did or didn’t do go away for people who question it. They are still going to question it and rightly so. It was likely a calculated decision, risk/benefit wise. 
That’s me. Am I warm for anyone else?

As for Bryce Young I drew the line long ago, decades. He is too small for ‘my’ team, at that roster position, at that draft position. Ditto his arm, it’s not 1A from what I can tell. There isn’t really any question for me, but I hope he can prove me wrong with whoever drafts him. 
I don’t hate him. I do hate him at one and it has nothing to do with another player. 
If we were at 9 I’d be interested if he fell. To me he is a longer shot player but that price is more tolerable.

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, stratocatter said:

I’ll try and help with the irritating Bryce Young fan club part. 
No Panther fan is supposed to be a rabid fan of the player in this situation. If you are looking at college players, they are draft prospects.

But I see Bryce this, Bryce that. No one has ever been successful at his weight and size, But Bryce Will Be! Bryce Bryce Bryce Bryce lol. 
It is too important for the fanboy mindset.

And finally, defending the guy for playing games with his weight and whatever else he declined to do, is kind of fanboy stuff too. That is a legit thing to question. At the least gets an incomplete compared to those that were open books. 
His agent telling him to not throw, weigh, whatever, that’s NA. It’s not a magic thing that makes what he did or didn’t do go away for people who question it. They are still going to question it and rightly so. It was likely a calculated decision, risk/benefit wise. 
That’s me. Am I warm for anyone else?

As for Bryce Young I drew the line long ago, decades. He is too small for ‘my’ team, at that roster position, at that draft position. Ditto his arm, it’s not 1A from what I can tell. There isn’t really any question for me, but I hope he can prove me wrong with whoever drafts him. 
I don’t hate him. I do hate him at one and it has nothing to do with another player. 
If we were at 9 I’d be interested if he fell. To me he is a longer shot player but that price is more tolerable.

As I’ve really dove into evaluating these guys more closely, I agree. 

I absolutely love watching Young’s tape. He oozes intangibles. He’s a gamer. He’s fun to watch. I just don’t think he’s a #1 talent physically, and that includes not having a #1 prospect arm. 

The arm was the shocking thing to me. It wasn’t what I’ve heard it was for the last two years of hype. It’s good enough…not a noodle, but I don’t see the power throws from him, and that may be related to his frame too. There’s also so many highlight plays that people drool over, where he is back there for 5+ seconds…and that’s virtually none existent unless you play against us if Burns misses a game. 

That also doesn’t mean he won’t end up a great QB. It’s simply trying to pick the guy who had the highest chance of success at the next level. 

Stroud to me is QB1. He makes big NFL throws all game long, and his ball placement is consistently elite. He goes through progressions. The ball effortlessly (almost gently) leaves his hand, and yet the spiral and velocity are very good. The amount of throws to the sidelines, where only his receiver can get to the ball while falling out of bounds are plentiful. Those are big time throws. And he has the power throws when needed, and touch when he wants it. 

I don’t know what his ceiling is, but I feel like he’s the type of talent that bare minimum (aside from injury, or a complete 180 in off the field character) he won’t be the reason you can’t compete. He just seems the most “professional” when you watch him play. 

I could be dead wrong, but I’ve had concerns about Young and Stroud for over a year because of their stacked teams. 

But after a bunch of tape, I think I can confidently say I was wrong on Stroud because of ignorance. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

3 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

As I’ve really dove into evaluating these guys more closely, I agree. 

I absolutely love watching Young’s tape. He oozes intangibles. He’s a gamer. He’s fun to watch. I just don’t think he’s a #1 talent physically, and that includes not having a #1 prospect arm. 

The arm was the shocking thing to me. It wasn’t what I’ve heard it was for the last two years of hype. It’s good enough…not a noodle, but I don’t see the power throws from him, and that may be related to his frame too. There’s also so many highlight plays that people drool over, where he is back there for 5+ seconds…and that’s virtually none existent unless you play against us if Burns misses a game. 

That also doesn’t mean he won’t end up a great QB. It’s simply trying to pick the guy who had the highest chance of success at the next level. 

Stroud to me is QB1. He makes big NFL throws all game long, and his ball placement is consistently elite. He goes through progressions. The ball effortlessly (almost gently) leaves his hand, and yet the spiral and velocity are very good. The amount of throws to the sidelines, where only his receiver can get to the ball while falling out of bounds are plentiful. Those are big time throws. And he has the power throws when needed, and touch when he wants it. 

I don’t know what his ceiling is, but I feel like he’s the type of talent that bare minimum (aside from injury, or a complete 180 in off the field character) he won’t be the reason you can’t compete. He just seems the most “professional” when you watch him play. 

I could be dead wrong, but I’ve had concerns about Young and Stroud for over a year because of their stacked teams. 

But after a bunch of tape, I think I can confidently say I was wrong on Stroud because of ignorance. 

I'm at the point of taking the approach of, If I'm the opposing DC, who would I rather game plan against? I'd rather play against Bryce and force him to stay in the pocket, or send an extra guy so those 8 yard 3 second long drops won't work. CJ can carve you up from the pocket without needing a 5 step dropback to see whats going on/not get the ball tipped

• Pie 2