• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This North Carolina city is the second-most expensive for a night out in US, study says

ladypanther

On 4/2/2023 at 7:23 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

These lists don't make a bit of damn sense.

It makes sense. It’s based on criteria that is abundant as hell in Vegas (alcohol, short cab rides, and average drink prices). Those things are dirt cheap in Vegas.

• Pie 1

I always wonder how "they"  get their statistics  .  How can  NY City not be in the top  10. ( that is, at least from my experience it should be lol ) . 

I spent a week in San Diego last fall. I noticed parking for a Padre game downtown at Petco could be as low as $15  or some that were $50 . I didn't notice food and beverage prices being over the top. Then again I don't go to  the Michelin Star restaurants.  La Jolla was pricy , 10 miles north of SD . 

On 4/5/2023 at 7:58 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

When is the last time you were in Vegas? 

Three weeks ago. I live in UT an go every other month. Many friends live there. I got for the excellent food.

If you spend a lot in Vegas on short taxi rides and drinks you are way off.

4 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

How many people, when they go out in Charlotte, take a cab?  I doubt many of them do.  

Exactly. That is why taking one is so expensive.

The criteria is going to be more expensive for less touristy cities. Nothing surprises me about this list except Columbus…maybe Tucson. I am assuming one has old money and the other is a nice city just not as in demand as the others.

The rest are nicer and or expensive cities with the exception of Memphis but those are city laws, income and ordinances affecting those. Memphis is not nice or expensive in general. I wouldn’t ever voluntarily go back.

When I say demand, I’m not talking touristy. I’m taking about people with roots deciding to go out on their once a month ‘night out’ hence expensive…or just being an expensive yuppie type city.

• Pie 1

Meh, I guess anything is possible, but the cost of living for the Southern US is about as cheap as it comes in this nation (since forever).  If Charlotte is #2 in the nation when it comes to an evening out on the town, something is seriously wrong and/or the city's service industry is making an absolute killing. 

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

27 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Meh, I guess anything is possible, but the cost of living for the Southern US is about as cheap as it comes in this nation (since forever).  If Charlotte is #2 in the nation when it comes to an evening out on the town, something is seriously wrong and/or the city's service industry is making an absolute killing. 

It makes no sense what so ever.

• Pie 1