• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why I believe the pick will be AR-15

philw5289

Just be honest. If all their QBs hit their athletic ceiling who has the most potential?

I'm not saying to draft AR over Stroud and Young. I don't have enough info to say I'd do that.

I'm just saying if he has what it takes between the ears to maximize his athletic potential he's gonna be the best QB out of the bunch.

Using your logic, you would've ran away from Josh Allen. Hell, at that time I would have too. But watching how much that guy improved with better coaching and a better supporting cast changed the way I view these types of prospects. It all comes down to what you think they have between the ears and how coachable they are and how hard you think they're willing to work at their craft.

Yeah, AR has the highest potential ceiling of the bunch and I honestly don't even see it as debatable.

AR likely wont be our pick, but im guessing he's gonna end up on the Seahawks and with Pete he is going to coach him up real good. They already have another unicorn at WR with Metcalf. They are going to be a team to watch in these next few years. 

AR has all the potential, it's going to be about his willingness to be coached. If he gets that part right he's going to be a problem in the NFL.

10 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Cam isn’t the only example.. Again I love Cam but the point remains..

I can only speak on Cam because context matters in his scenario. I’d need to know who else you want compared and if I’ve watched them enough I could provide context to their scenarios too. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Just be honest. If all their QBs hit their athletic ceiling who has the most potential?

I'm not saying to draft AR over Stroud and Young. I don't have enough info to say I'd do that.

I'm just saying if he has what it takes between the ears to maximize his athletic potential he's gonna be the best QB out of the bunch.

Using your logic, you would've ran away from Josh Allen. Hell, at that time I would have too. But watching how much that guy improved with better coaching and a better supporting cast changed the way I view these types of prospects. It all comes down to what you think they have between the ears and how coachable they are and how hard you think they're willing to work at their craft.

Yeah, AR has the highest potential ceiling of the bunch and I honestly don't even see it as debatable.

Being Honest I don’t know anymore!! 

This isn’t basketball where the biggest fastest athlete with skills makes your team a instant contender…

The biggest fastest athlete in football isn’t winning consistently..  Even when they become better passers they aren’t winning as much as the guys who are still better passers..

Add context to your question.. Is it just Allen or do I have a choice of less athletic  but better passer like Burrows??? I’m taking Burrows… He had less coaching and worse teams and has been better right???

Well agree to disagree.. I’m changing my opinion until it proves to be more of a thing.. Right now the better passers are becoming better and winning more consistently and lasting longer..

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

I can only speak on Cam because context matters in his scenario. I’d need to know who else you want compared and if I’ve watched them enough I could provide context to their scenarios too. 

Pryor, Vick, VY, Lamar Jackson, even Josh Allen.. 

All super athletic QB’s who have become better passers coming out of college (except Pryor and VY) but aren’t having the success of lesser athletic QB who seen more for their passing ability..

12 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

AR likely wont be our pick, but im guessing he's gonna end up on the Seahawks and with Pete he is going to coach him up real good. They already have another unicorn at WR with Metcalf. They are going to be a team to watch in these next few years. 

AR has all the potential, it's going to be about his willingness to be coached. If he gets that part right he's going to be a problem in the NFL.

Not saying he doesn’t.. Not saying he won’t..
I just don’t agree with the more upside thing anymore just because you’re a better athlete..

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

By the time you use that shotgun the AR will have already done damage.

If you trying to protect your property it's best you have a AR around.

Remington for muskrats, beavers, copperheads and rabid raccoons.  [Long handle metal rake also works for copperheads and less of a mess.]

Glock for stupid, nuisance critters breaking down the front door and unlawful entry.

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Not saying he doesn’t.. Not saying he won’t..
I just don’t agree with the more upside thing anymore just because you’re a better athlete..

It's not just an athlete. He has the biggest arm in this draft. His accuracy isn't as bad as people make it out to be. He just needs to clean up his footwork much like Cam. That's why his accuracy isn't that elite. His footwork will fix that issue.

4 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Remington for muskrats, beavers, copperheads and rabid raccoons.  [Long handle metal rake also works for copperheads and less of a mess.]

Glock for stupid, nuisance critters breaking down the front door and unlawful entry.

You must live in the country backwoods?