• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are smaller players more injury-prone?

MHS831

1 minute ago, Varking said:

Everyone keeps saying Young has no durability issues must be ignoring that he missed a game this year due to injury?

But was that because he was smaller than everyone else? Or because he was a QB throwing the ball?

• Flames 1

Young avoided serious injury during his time starting at Alabama, but there was a somewhat concerning quote from Nick Saban about Young’s shoulder injury from October.

”Bryce has a little AC sprain in his shoulder. We’ll have to take it day-to-day. I think he’s OK. He doesn’t have a serious injury. We didn’t think he could go back in the game because I don’t think he had much steam on throwing the ball. He’s had these before, and in a few days, he starts to respond pretty well. We’ll have to see how it goes.”

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

But size didn't matter. You take hits and you're going to feel it, regardless of your size. There is no accurate predictor of injuries regardless of size aside from an actual injury history, and even then it's still a weak predictor. 

Again this is a weird take when everyone and their brother are concerned about Youngs size but you are the only one that is saying size doesnt matter

• Poo 1

5 minutes ago, stan786 said:

I have a report CJ Stroud got injured and missed a game for the same thing. Is he immediately hurt when he gets to the NFL.

If teams didnt draft QBs who choose to skip throwing at the combine they'd have missed a ton of great prospects its not even the slightest bit weird or unheard of.

I believe Stroud's was two years ago.  So an argument could be made that the more recent one is from wear and tear due to constantly taking hits.  It's a pretty weak argument I admit, but still one that could be made as one prospect finished his most recent season not missing any games.  

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Varking said:

You know why it happened. He put on water weight to pretend bulk up for the scale because his weight DOES MATTER or he wouldn’t have been BSing it

I mean sure, but he's not the first to do it and not the last. People love JSN who didnt run the 40 because he wanted a friendly track to run on to hide his biggest weakness. Combine is the combine if you base everything on that good luck.

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Young avoided serious injury during his time starting at Alabama, but there was a somewhat concerning quote from Nick Saban about Young’s shoulder injury from October.

”Bryce has a little AC sprain in his shoulder. We’ll have to take it day-to-day. I think he’s OK. He doesn’t have a serious injury. We didn’t think he could go back in the game because I don’t think he had much steam on throwing the ball. He’s had these before, and in a few days, he starts to respond pretty well. We’ll have to see how it goes.”

“He’s had these before”. That would be a recurring issue. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1