• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Film Breakdown Megathread

Ricky Spanish

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

It was Carson Strong spamming last year until he went undrafted. Then it was Corral was Rodgers 2.0 until he got injured in preseason. Before that it was Kyle Trask, so yeah it’s a thing. Now it’s anyone but Young for whatever reason.

The obvious reasons YOU ignore.

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

I don't hate Young, I'm just not impressed like you hype trainers.

Kyler Murray has 1000+ yards rushing coming out of college.

Bryce has 162

He's half the player Kyler is.

C'mon. The more stats and comps the more Bryce comes up short again.

Dude, I'm as concerned as anyone about Young but he's a much better qb than Murray. Bryce is and will always be better than Murray.  I will take Young 10/10 times over Murray.  Let's not get too crazy with this.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It was Carson Strong spamming last year until he went undrafted. Then it was Corral was Rodgers 2.0 until he got injured in preseason. Before that it was Kyle Trask, so yeah it’s a thing. Now it’s anyone but Young for whatever reason.

Carson Strong is on the comeback trail playing professionally, Kyle Trask is three years in. Corral is a Panther AND you ignore Justin Herbert to make what point exactly?

I'm going to support whoever and I have warmed up to Bryce  but watching this video really has me kind of questioning  him. When they ask what trait is elite and will that elite be different  vs elite level players. I'm a lil worried but hopefully  we continue to build around him if he is the pick!  

Edited by Lurk21
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Dude, I'm as concerned as anyone about Young but he's a much better qb than Murray. Bryce is and will always be better than Murray.  I will take Young 10/10 times over Murray.  Let's not get too crazy with this.

Better HOW? Show me something that would indicate that because all the indicators besides good tape don't.

The NFL is good at shutting weak sh*t down.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, Lurk21 said:

I'm going to support whoever and I have warmed up to Bryce but watching this video really has me kind of questioning  him!  When they ask what trait is Elite and will that elite be different  vs Elite level players. I'm a lil worried but hopefully  we continue to build around him if he is the pick! 

Not elite.

5 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

By ceiling I mean exactly what your talking about with Bryce, that seeing and processing and buying time isn't something you can improve on in a ceiling changing way, you can get more accurate, you can get stronger but again THOSE aren't the traits you guys are highlighting as it pertains to Young. 

AR with Reichs help CAN become more accurate and with Reich and co. help can be the best rushing QB in the league, following blocks and getting down safely. Is that a part of Bryce's game that can be "grown" to raise his ceiling?!...

cbs lol GIF by HULU

No.

Ehhhh idk. I've seen it debated on as far as if accuracy can be taught. Cam for as much as I love him, still dealt with accuracy issues as he got older so I wouldn't be so sure it's just something that can be 'fixed'. With AR you're somewhat banking on Josh Allen level progression which was an anomaly in its own right and really hasn't been duplicated since. 

Also, do we really want to run our QB a bunch again? I like a rushing QB as much as the next guy but building a running game around your QB would lead to them getting hurt eventually, which is the same thing you're worried about with Bryce. 

As long as Bryce can scramble and get yards when the situation calls on it (which has been shown on tape) then who cares if we don't run Read Option 15 times a game lmao. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Lurk21 said:

I'm going to support whoever and I have warmed up to Bryce but watching this video really has me kind of questioning  him!  When they ask what trait is Elite and will that elite be different  vs Elite level players. I'm a lil worried but hopefully  we continue to build around him if he is the pick! 

Great video. Hey don't @me WATCH and LISTEN to this vid.

Dude is saying EVERYTHING I am. Don't listen to me watch this. 

lol.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Better HOW? Show me something that would indicate that because all the indicators besides good tape don't.

Uhh good tape is usually a pretty good indicator lol

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

Not elite.

Bro, I am really here scratching my head now because  I'd hate for us to trade up to 1...  and this dude turns into Johnny Manziel bc of limitations.  I had watched highlights  of Bryce and saw the magic but I hope it translates bc he sure did seem to hold the ball a bunch. 

6 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Dude. You've got to let that go or your heads going to explode. You are blinded by rage and bias against the kid. 

• Pie 1

vs. Utah State
The first game of the season is usually rough for offenses, and Bama's was no different. Overall, Bryce seemed out of sync with his WRs but his arm looked NFL-ready. His improv skills were teased as can be seen in the timestamped play below. This was good to see because Bryce took some punishment behind that suspect Alabama OL that would eventually lead the NCAA in penalties this past season. This doesn't end up being his best game of the season nor does it end up being his worst. If anything, it's a solid game to watch and get a base level idea of the player while also getting to see him adjust.

Edited by Icege