• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Film Breakdown Megathread

Ricky Spanish

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

What about coaching the last two years and a program that hasn't had any juice since....when exactly, Spurrier? That's why I put Will Levis, Anthony Richardson and even Matt Corral in the category of player who with NFL talent instead of middle of the road college casts around them, could be equal or better than the more hyped guys from big time programs like Ohio State and Alabama.

Yeah I forgot Gus Melzon is a coaching genius.. SMH

Im done debating this.. To many excuses and nothing else..

25 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I have a question: Why didn't Richardson stay another season or 2 at Florida. At 20 years old I think a couple more years in the college game would have done him good. Possibly raise his stock even further.

Potential draft picks get a scout profile of them at the end of the season to estimate their value and where they'll be drafted.

Dude was probably told he's a 1st round grade so he left to get paid in the pros.

Can't blame him.

• Pie 1

I think he has a good chance of being a solid QB as his floor if he is serious about working on his craft. He very well could end up being the best of the bunch. All depends on how much he wants it. He says the right things but that's just talk. We'll see.

I know he's NOT Cam. There wasn't a Cam before Cam, but to have a 3D printed copy with a little more speed and a slightly stronger arm?! Backflips at 6'4" 244lbs?! Throwing eighty yards to Birdman?! C'mon.

I'm breaking a lot of my own rules with this Anthony Richardson. He didn't grade out on my initial stat search but something about him says Panther.

What says Panthers more than anything since 2010 is defense, running the ball, running the ball and a QB running the ball.

Sam was sold as a dual threat. He kinda is, he's a scrambler. Wild. Paid for it. Corral IS a dual threat QB. 

The difference with Cam and AR is they are patient runners, they'll let their blockers set up.

YOUNGSTER ain't running in the NFL, he shouldn't 6'3" Darnold got crumpled up.

• Beer 2

19 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Potential draft picks get a scout profile of them at the end of the season to estimate their value and where they'll be drafted.

Dude was probably told he's a 1st round grade so he left to get paid in the pros.

Can't blame him.

Guess ya got to take a risk.  Hope it works for him. 

45 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

How!!

Coverage sacks are going to hurt Young in the NFL. He doesn't have another dimension to go to when everyone is covered or hands are up passing lanes covered and a DE bearing down. Levis can flat out run like a FB at 6'3"230lbs+ so he can get positive yards out of that situation and more than likely with his running style break a couple tackles and so can AR.

When they've taken away your receivers and along with that tough defense's who can also control the run and have a good secondary face Bryce, what's he got?! Stroud had to prove he had the heart and physicalness to run among the sharks and deliver before a lot of people gave him credit, even me. THAT gets harder.

38 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Coverage sacks are going to hurt Young in the NFL. He doesn't have another dimension to go to when everyone is covered or hands are up passing lanes covered and a DE bearing down. Levis can flat out run like a FB at 6'3"230lbs+ so he can get positive yards out of that situation and more than likely with his running style break a couple tackles and so can AR.

When they've taken away your receivers and along with that tough defense's who can also control the run and have a good secondary face Bryce, what's he got?! Stroud had to prove he had the heart and physicalness to run among the sharks and deliver before a lot of people gave him credit, even me. THAT gets harder.

Let’s break this down..

1. We’re not talking about a statue.. Young can move has quickness and agility and navigates a pocket with the best of them.. He isn’t going to be the designed run guy but scrambling and pocket movement is his thing.. Making plays offscript is his thing…

2. When is being a high level passer mentally going to get credit?? Why is being a super athlete getting more attention then guys who win from the pocket and can diagnose defenses.. Because reality is those are the guys who are winning more consistently and have a longer productive life in the league.. The super athletes aren’t winning consistently they aren’t lasting longer nor are they taking teams to superbowl championships often..

3. All QB deal with coverage sacks.. Just because you’re super athlete doesn’t mean you negate coverage sacks from happening.. Honestly the pocket passer beat diagnoses helps then beat coverages more then being able to run ..

• Pie 1