• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer on Panthers #1 pick (no trade back)

TheSpecialJuan

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Adding another young WR in this draft should be a top priority regardless. All of them except Thielen have a recent injury history and he's 33. QB/WR combo please. And add OL depth.

Agreed.

If you really took the time to look at our WR's we are still in the bottom 5 of the league. Chark is probably our #1 based on talent. I say that as no disrespect to his game.

Now compare Chark to other #1 WR's around the league.

We still need another young WR. Hopefully we can get one. I wouldn't be shocked if we still looking around the league via trade for a upgrade as well.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Agreed.

If you really took the time to look at our WR's we are still in the bottom 5 of the league. Chark is probably our #1 based on talent. I say that as no disrespect to his game.

Now compare Chark to other #1 WR's around the league.

We still need another young WR. Hopefully we can get one. I wouldn't be shocked if we still looking around the league via trade for an upgrade as well.

Downs.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Now that we know Bryce Young is likely the pick.

Can we get this dude a legit young weapon to grow with?

No disrespect to Thielen he's aging, and Chark is on a 1yr deal with a injury prone history.

If we can get a young WR or TE he can grow with would be nice.

Easier said than done. That will likely take some draft capital, and honestly this WR class doesn't necessarily have any sure-fire beasts. If one of the WRs slides into the second, then maybe, otherwise we might be better off just going BPA. I think that could be a TE before it's a WR, but, then again, we need a pass rusher and an LB, so I don't know. The WR out of UT looks interesting. I doubt Quentin slides. Njigba is probably the surest WR in the draft, so he'll be long gone.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope we do see someone as being "that guy". The guy we can't afford to gamble on missing out on. If that's Young, that's fine by me. Let's go!

Their jobs literally depend on it - I just hope they've not fallen in love with the off-the-field stuff when the on-the-field stuff is what's most important. 

Everyone in that Front Office is fired in two years if they get this pick wrong. 

Just now, WestPanthers said:

Just curious why Texans (rumor) only want Young? Are they not worry about his size? Or they don't think CJ is QB2?

Stroud has never been a elite prospect. Most of his hype came from people in this sub myself included. Stroud was never a better QB than Young. We just thought that his size would be a reason to draft him over Young long term. Also add the fact that Frank has never coached a QB in his system under 6'3. 

I think Young would go #1 regardless of the teams that need a QB at the top of the draft.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Their jobs literally depend on it - I just hope they've not fallen in love with the off-the-field stuff when the on-the-field stuff is what's most important. 

Everyone in that Front Office is fired in two years if they get this pick wrong. 

Like you said, it's their jobs not mine. If this dude busts they're all gonna get fired and they know it. As such, let them pick the guy they want. If you don't trust them to identify the guy then A) you shouldn't have let them make the trade and B) you shouldn't have hired them to begin with.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Stroud has never been a elite prospect. Most of his hype came from people in this sub myself included. Stroud was never a better QB than Young. We just thought that his size would be a reason to draft him over Young long term. Also add the fact that Frank has never coached a QB in his system under 6'3. 

I think Young would go #1 regardless of the teams that need a QB at the top of the draft.

He was arguably a better QB this year - had better stats. 

• Pie 1