• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On today's episode of Panthers Subliminals...

6 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Cool you cherry picked a play from the worst game of his career.

It doesn’t change the fact that he handles pressure well and Stroud didn’t.

I can find you clips of Kony Ealy dominating in a Super Bowl.  Didn’t mean I wanted to give him a big contract

Whats funny is that is the game that sold me on Young.  Bunches of people said it was his worst, and the O really struggled.  LSU rushed 6 over and over and I don't recall a single screen called in response.  Meanwhile Young cooly runs the 2 minute drill to take it to overtime and score then first TD in OT.  If that is his worst, I want it.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

Whats funny is that is the game that sold me on Young.  Bunches of people said it was his worst, and the O really struggled.  LSU rushed 6 over and over and I don't recall a single screen called in response.  Meanwhile Young cooly runs the 2 minute drill to take it to overtime and score then first TD in OT.  If that is his worst, I want it.

I still don’t know why people don’t talk about how positive Mccown was about him in that game, he reacted to Bryce in his worst game around the same level he reacted to Stroud is his best game.

I do think the LSU game shows one of Bryce’s best qualities, he’s generally always on at the end when it matters, even if the rest of the games been rough. 

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, ncfan said:

This plus this is far more concerning

How many OL and WR's is bama projected to go first round this year?  How many for OH state?  And I'm sorry but SEC>>Big10.

Stroud completely sucks under pressure.  18th percentile.

There's a reason why Young is at the top of most people boards, and its not even close.

If we pass on Young and Stroud gets hurt....

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

How many OL and WR's is bama projected to go first round this year?  How many for OH state?  And I'm sorry but SEC>>Big10.

Stroud completely sucks under pressure.  18th percentile.

There's a reason why Young is at the top of most people boards, and its not even close.

If we pass on Young and Stroud gets hurt....

There’s a lot more to playing QB in the NFL than just being able to throw tight spiral into a bucket 

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, stan786 said:

I still don’t know why people don’t talk about how positive Mccown was about him in that game, he reacted to Bryce in his worst game around the same level he reacted to Stroud is his best game.

I do think the LSU game shows one of Bryce’s best qualities, he’s generally always on at the end when it matters, even if the rest of the games been rough. 

I know right?

I hope the rumors are true.  Young is special, we'll be lucky to have him.

Young is no doubt the most instinctive QB, not only of this draft, but of the last several years. The question remains: Can you live with the other aspects - weaknesses - that you will have to live with? The same can be said about Stroud in some areas. HE is probably the most accurate QB of the last several years, but can he be as mobile as you need, and can he process NFL defenses the way you need him to. On April 27th when the pick is made, we have to trust that the staff has answered those questions the best they can. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, stan786 said:

I disagree, he separates pretty clearly for me on film, but if the staff thinks they can develop Stroud I’m all for it. I understand why others feel differently.

I just think an inability to handle pressure has ruined plenty of QBs and I don’t think it’s easily improved and would hate to see us have to deal with that when Bryce goes on to be special. 

But if the staff disagrees go get him and I’ll be all in and assume I’m wrong.

So Stroud, who ran a pro style offense with plenty of snaps from under center, needs to be developed? But the guy who spent 99.99999% of his time in shotgun formation doesn't? 

Edited by PootieNunu

1 minute ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

It's going to hurt I know, we'll all still be cheering when stroud is lifting that Lombardi for the panthers

#keeppounding

We both know, I'm not the one hurting right now.   And I certainly won't be when Young finally gets us that ring.

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

So Stroud, who ran a pro style offense with plenty of snaps from under center, needs to be developed? But the guy who spent 99.99999% of his time in shotgun formation doesn't? 

Show me the stat.  You guys make that crap up all the time.

What ACTUAL percentage did Stroud spend in shotgun?

Meanwhile I heard Stroud is 99.99999999% uncoachable.

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

We both know, I'm not the one hurting right now.   And I certainly won't be when Young finally gets us that ring.

It's funny how yall on this media train but what have the panthers said about all this bryce hype...nothing. wonder why..

cj-stroud.gif

Edited by PanthersGOATFan336