• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tom Pelissero compares quarterbacks

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Plenty, plus arguably the greatest TE ever. A good TE is all we had after Smitty got dumped. Not to mention playcallers that didn’t eat glue. 

Plenty?  There were several years where Brady’s best WR was Deion Branch.  Come on man. 

I agree that Cam got shafted.  Cam is prob my all time favorite Panther but to see is he’s the best pure passer of someone’s ever seen is crazy

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Plenty?  There were several years where Brady’s best WR was Deion Branch.  Come on man. 

I agree that Cam got shafted.  Cam is prob my all time favorite Panther but to see is he’s the best pure passer of someone’s ever seen is crazy

I didn’t see someone say that, that’s obviously an exaggeration. He was a really good passer but not on the level with Brees, Rogers, Brady in terms of passing ability. I’ll say this, I’ll take Branch over any receiver Cam had outside of Smitty and maybe rookie DJ. 

21 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I didn’t see someone say that, that’s obviously an exaggeration. He was a really good passer but not on the level with Brees, Rogers, Brady in terms of passing ability. I’ll say this, I’ll take Branch over any receiver Cam had outside of Smitty and maybe rookie DJ. 

Yeah my initial comment was a reply to someone in this thread saying Cam was the best passer of the ball they’ve ever seen.  I wasn’t bashing Cam, just disputing that comment.  

• Beer 1

19 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'll add one tidbit on Richardson that Panthers fans might find interesting...

Said an NFC QBs coach: “When you stand next to him, it’s like standing next to Cam (Newton), but [Richardson] throws the ball better. 

I am really starting to think we should have just stayed put and let the draft unfold before we made any moves.   Still think its possible this kid will be there at 9. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am really starting to think we should have just stayed put and let the draft unfold before we made any moves.   Still think its possible this kid will be there at 9. 

Heck Stroud might even be there at 9 at this point.  Every year it seems someone drops - Stroud might be that guy this year

57 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Those seasons (2002 - 2005) though he also had the likes of Kevin Faulk + Troy Brown, both of who are in the Pats HoF. TE Daniel Graham was solid as well, and Corey Dillon took over for Faulk without missing a beat.

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

yep, really starting to feel like we should have held pat and see what unfolds

Yeah. Even if adequate at the position, I'm not sure if the trade value is going to look great in the long run. I wonder how much Tepper had to do with moving up to #1, haven't read anything too deep on that decision

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah. Even if adequate at the position, I'm not sure if the trade value is going to look great in the long run. I wonder how much Tepper had to do with moving up to #1, haven't read anything too deep on that decision

He pushed for #1 when Fitt says they could go to 3 if I remember correctly

• Beer 1