• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN’s Matt Miller: “There's a lot of like for C.J. Stroud there, but Bryce won the entire organization over.”

FuFuLamePoo

Fact still remains, he better prove to be way better than stroud or its gonna get ugly really fast. Stroud cannot show to adjust to the league faster than him or a lot of bullshit narratives are gonna go out the window. Thats just the truth. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Fact still remains, he better prove to be way better than stroud or its gonna get ugly really fast. Stroud cannot show to adjust to the league faster than him or a lot of bullshit narratives are gonna go out the window. Thats just the truth. 

Like this wouldn't be the case with whatever QB we drafted.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Breaking: team expects higher performance out of player drafted 1st overall than other players drafted after

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

And if we chose Stroud over Bryce.

and Stroud (who already struggled when pressured with a perfect OL and WR) didn’t improve in the NFL where the players are faster and you have to react faster.

Who would look bad then?

I don't think I've seen anyone in the media come out and say specifically that so and so within the organization is for this or against this guy or that guy. If Young isn't our pick then this is the biggest, most unnecessary smokescreen of all time but as far as our actual process of arriving at that decision? I don't think anyone in the media really knows. All I've seen is a bunch of very generic speculation masquerading as "info".

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

and Stroud (who already struggled when pressured with a perfect OL and WR) didn’t improve in the NFL where the players are faster and you have to react faster.

Who would look bad then?

There's a chance of looking bad no matter who we take.

You have to hope the team makes the right decision.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think I've seen anyone in the media come out and say specifically that so and so within the organization is for this or against this guy or that guy. If Young isn't our pick then this is the biggest, most unnecessary smokescreen of all time but as far as our actual process of arriving at that decision? I don't think anyone in the media really knows. All I've seen is a bunch of very generic speculation masquerading as "info".

I'd agree.

In general, the team has gotten very good at plugging leaks, at least to the media.

I don't know that I'd expect it, but there's at least a chance that we might all be shocked on draft night.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Change the “Stroud’s” to “Young’s” in your statement and it’d still be true lol. There are gonna be comparisons no matter who the pick is. You just better hope the one you choose is the right one.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's a chance of looking bad no matter who we take.

You have to hope the team makes the right decision.

Exactly

no matter who we choose.  If he doesn’t pan out, it’ll be a bad look.  Especially when you traded to 1.

• Pie 1

And if Young does prove to be a lot better than Stroud i'm sure these vengeful fans waiting to trash the Panthers and let them have it will be lining up to say they were wrong.

Panthers hitting on this pick is important regardless of who the fans want. If we took Stroud,Young, Richardson, Levis, or even Hooker and they sucked the end result is mad fans and a disaster of a situation.

• Pie 2

29 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Breaking: team expects higher performance out of player drafted 1st overall than other players drafted after

Breaking: team expects high performance out of QB who has NEVER been drafted this high at such a small frame, who is also not the best athlete, not the best arm talent, who may be overwhelmed by the physicality of pro athletes. 

You left all that out, but dont worry i reminded you.

Just now, CPF4LIFE said:

Breaking: team expects high performance out of QB who has NEVER been drafted this high at such a small frame, who is also not the best athlete, not the best arm talent, who may be overwhelmed by the physicality of pro athletes. 

You left all that out, but dont worry i reminded you.

Or we can take a guy thats known to fold under pressure. Or one that sucked last year but had nice 21 tape, or the other one that completed 55% of his passes this year.

Acting like one guys flaws are the only one that matters is bizarre.

• Pie 2

35 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Who would look bad then?

The more some of you post this just proves how uninformed and bias you are. But go ahead, rock out. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

The more some of you post this just proves how uninformed and bias you are. But go ahead, rock out. 

Everybody on this board is biased in some way whether they wanna admit it or not lol but c’mon now, 3 of CJ’s O-linemen from this past season are probably gonna be too 100 picks (Johnson Jr, Jones, and Wypler). And we all know about the WR core being elite. There’s no bias in saying that. 

Bryce’s supporting cast wasn’t pedestrian either but CJ’s was better this year.