• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Riddle me this?

Gerry Green

5 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Tom Brady had flaws ? I don’t recall any.  

Where did Tom come from in this thread?

But if we are talking the prospect 

He had a below average arm and a slight unathletic frame coming out of school and had been benched for a “better” prospect in school.

There were plenty of reasons why he dropped as far as he did.

6 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

You also don’t use the resources to pick somebody just because they’re “safe” which is essentially what Stroud is. Which isn’t bad but it’s conservative. 

I gotta push back on the shelf life thing too because a lot of people on here talk as if Bryce destined to have a career ending injury at some point. That’s kind of insane because we’ve seen much bigger QB’s get hurt at a way higher rate. The dude has had one self inflicted injury in his entire career. He isn’t coming out with the injury history of Tua or something. 

His size makes him an outlier, yes, but way too many people on here are speaking as if it’s a done deal that his career gets cut short by injury. Let’s at least let him get on the field first. 

The more I think about it the more I honestly think this decision likely came down to Young vs. Richardson. Elite mental processing vs. elite physical skill set.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Isn't there even a part of you that is scared for him moreso than the others.

This has never been done.

Yes absolutely. But as I told Gerry in a reply, at the end of the day I can’t base it on anything but instinct and size bias. I naturally think small guys get hurt more than big guys because it seems like common sense, but I can’t prove that instinct is valid. 

There’s just so many variables. Think all the way back to Doug Flutie. He only got a chance because the big prototype guy couldn’t stay healthy. 

Young may get hurt right away, and if he does it will be blamed on his size, but even then…that might not be the reason even if it’s the first thought that comes to mind. 

A great example is our boy Corral. What happened when he injured his lis franc? Everyone said “injury prone” and “frail frame”….but…that’s bullshit.

He hurt his lis franc because he was unlucky. His cleat was planted, and the pass rusher spun him in an awkward way (just like with Cam).

Corral isn’t a little kid getting tossed around. He’s a professional athlete that got twisted in a way the foot didn’t like. 

Horn is labeled as injury prone. He had a random non contact injury his first year, then, him doing nothing wrong, got blasted with friendly fire by one of our hardest hitters directly on his arm and it broke. 

Just makes me lean more toward complete randomness than anything else. 

I get it if people think I’m spouting nonsense though. It’s just observational stuff. 

6 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

are you really surprised? they are down bad. they need anything resembling a W at this point

The win is to just accept he's not gonna be the pick.

Honestly, if I was making the pick it's Richardson if I think he has it between the ears. You can't coach his physical tools. But I'm not gonna derail every thread with poo posts about Richardson because I'm butt hurt. I'm just gonna hope that when it's all said and done we make the right pick.

22 minutes ago, rayzor said:

You live in fear you'll never go anywhere.

Its going to be a brutal hello to the NFL on TV. Robby Anderson got it. He'll get it too but it's going to be a LB or DE.

A NFL CB could crumple someone of his frame up not even trying. Try flag football instead.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The win is to just accept he's not gonna be the pick.

Honestly, if I was making the pick it's Richardson if I think he has it between the ears. You can't coach his physical tools. But I'm not gonna derail every thread with poo posts about Richardson because I'm butt hurt. I'm just gonna hope that when it's all said and done we make the right pick.

That's my job. Took one for the team recently from @Ricky Spanish.

Just know that I do it for you.

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, stan786 said:

Thinking these stats prove anything smh.

IMG_6446.gif.6eb12cdb224aa2ebe68523d05e3b3893.gif

@Ricky Spanish said I can't keep posting the same thing over,Andover,Andover,Andover, again and, again,and again, and again, and again.

Again.

I've got some great graphics and stats showing, by the numbers, Youngsters inferiority compared to say......Kyler Murray.

Because of him. You'll just have to take my word for it 😉

Edited by rippadonn