• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Riddle me this?

Gerry Green

3 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

so avoiding pressure, then extending and making a play is somehow a bad thing? you’d prefer that he stayed in the pocket and got sacked?

this is some next level stretch armstrong wtf

Again, not what the question was. But hey, I made a bad thread so that's on me.

10 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Why couldn't Bama scheme quick hitters for Young? He is supposed to get them into the best play possible. Were there never any of those type plays available?

Folks claim Stroud is a one read QB. How many reads can Young make when he is running around looking for a passing lane?

I thought this too but saw more footage BEHIND him, and that really allowed me to watch his head, and how he goes through his reads and what he sees. 

Sometimes when he holds the ball, he actually sees an open guy, but checks a potential better option, and if covered, he goes back to the open man he saw. 

He won’t have that option as frequently in the NFL, but that can be coached, since he does indeed go through reads quickly. 

I think he naturally was confident in his line, so his inner clock knew he had the time to do that. If he gets accustomed to less time, he will adjust. 

At least that’s what it looked like to me. We shall see. 

• Beer 1

Just now, rippadonn said:

Richardson had a great S2!

Awkward Cricket GIF

The thing is they like AR a lot and if we hadn't traded up to #1, AR would most likely have been the pick.

They just see and value Young's whole package as better and more ready for the pro game..less risky...than AR.

op i tried to find the CJ stroud release time of 2.5 seconds and found nothing. what is the source?

i googled and found this

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/top-10-qb-prospects-nfl-draft-2023-ft-bryce-young-anthony-richardson

Tanner McKee is a massive quarterback at 6'6" tall and weighs 230 pounds. This should help him in the NFL, as well as his elite release time.

He registered one of the quickest releases of any quarterback last year with the Stanford Cardinal at quicker than 2.5 seconds. His reaction time and decision-making will help him avoid elite professional pass rushers and potentially avoid turnovers.

3 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

You may have inferred it, but I never said it. All I said was Bryce spends more time running around, than he does in the pocket.  

People say CJ is bad under pressure. And You is some savant. Well is sure is easier to evade pressure when you are running from the pocket. 

But again, I just don’t agree. On tape he always spends a lot of time in the pocket and probably has the best pocket movement in this class (although Richardson has really good pocket movement too). Him running around to create is the highlight reel stuff that people put in cut ups but he’s always been strong in the pocket and plays primarily from there. 

And yeah, sometimes he does leave pockets early and that’ll be something they’ll have to coach up but I just can’t knock a guy for evading pressure in the pocket and making more time for himself, especially when he’s been successful in doing so to this point. 

3 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I thought this too but saw more footage BEHIND him, and that really allowed me to watch his head, and how he goes through his reads and what he sees. 

Sometimes when he holds the ball, he actually sees an open guy, but checks a potential better option, and if covered, he goes back to the open man he saw. 

He won’t have that option as frequently in the NFL, but that can be coached, since he does indeed go through reads quickly. 

I think he naturally was confident in his line, so his inner clock knew he had the time to do that. If he gets accustomed to less time, he will adjust. 

At least that’s what it looked like to me. We shall see. 

Thanks for the civility. It is appreciated. I know Young goes through reads. So does CJ. The question is; Why does Young's running around seem to be part of his Pocket Awareness? 

He gets credit for leaving the pocket. And CJ gets no credit for his pocket awareness? 

If we take Young I'll be excited. For as long as it lasts.

IF we take CJ, I'll be happy for years and years.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

First off.  Who told you this?  Bama’s OL didn’t even crack the top 100 in all of CFB this past year.  Bama’s WRs were trash and “give me a break on no talent” is a lame excuse.  HS rankings doesn’t mean crap.  Ask Clemson about DJU who was the 2nd best HS QB to come out that year.

Plenty of QBs will get the ball out.  When their WRs get open.  Bama’s WRs were at the bottom of their conference in creating separation. Bryce bought them enough time maneuvering in chaos (one of those things noted by our own Josh McCown) while scanning the field and finding the open man once the guy got open.

I hated to give this a pie as a Clemson fan, but DJU was straight a$$. 

5 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

The only part of his game that leaves me wanting more is his arm strength. I’ve said it before that it’s good enough it won’t hold him back, but it’s probably somewhere between Teddy and Sam in strength, which is enough, but like everyone I love a laser if possible. 

Now what happens when he leaves the pocket and only has half a field to work with? 

12 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Thanks to all who actually tried to have a convo. I appreciate it.

You know what. This has turned into a troll fest.

Lock this fuger up. 

It seems like trolling is actually more fun. Plenty of it in this thread. Seems like a good way to go. 

You may have inferred it, but I never said it. All I said was Bryce spends more time running around, than he does in the pocket.  

People say CJ is bad under pressure. And You is some savant. Well is sure is easier to evade pressure when you are running from the pocket. 

But hey, I'm done. This was not worth the effort. Too many trolls to have any honest discussion 

Trolls-1 

Me-0

ummm…your OP was trolling from the start. stop playing the victim.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

The thing is they like AR a lot and if we hadn't traded up to #1, AR would most likely have been the pick.

They just see and value Young's whole package as better and more ready for the pro game..less risky...than AR.

Okay see yeah here lately I’ve been feeling like AR is their QB2. Ever since Joe dropped that article a couple weeks ago. And I mean tbh if the team around the QB wasn’t as talented/ready to compete as we are in some spots, I might’ve been more okay with AR as the pick. But I really feel like Young gives us a chance to compete right now. 

Maybe the FO and Staff feel the same

2 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

Okay see yeah here lately I’ve been feeling like AR is their QB2. Ever since Joe dropped that article a couple weeks ago. And I mean tbh if the team around the QB wasn’t as talented/ready to compete as we are in some spots, I might’ve been more okay with AR as the pick. But I really feel like Young gives us a chance to compete right now. 

Maybe the FO and Staff feel the same

They do.

• Beer 1