• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Move over Matt Rhule, the Rivera era was the real disaster

Haven't looked, but I'm pretty sure Rivera still holds both the highest winning total and winning percentage of any coach we've had.

Heaven knows he had his flaws, and his firing was absolutely justified.

But nothing...nothing was as horrible as the Panthers under Matt Rhule. The idea that anyone else even could be is just plain ridiculous.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Haven't looked, but I'm pretty sure Rivera still holds both the highest winning total and winning percentage of any coach we've had.

But nothing...nothing was as horrible as the Panthers under Matt Rhule. The idea that anyone else even could be is just plain ridiculous.

You are correct.

And to think, the point of this thread was to say the guy who has the best winning percentage of any coach we've ever had is worse than the guy with the worst winning percentage of any coach we've ever had.

Then again, we had people trying to convince us that Sam Darnold would evolve into John Elway if we just gave him one more chance, so this is not completely unprecedented territory.

• Beer 1

37 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Win %

Ron -.546

Fox -.507

Capers - .469

Seifert - .333

Rhule - .289

good post and accurate account, but too many Ron Rivera fan boys on the huddle that think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. 

The dude is ass a coach but they wont realize it. 

More Panther fans hate Cam and love Ron which makes no fuging sense at all. MoRon has no business being a Hc in the NFL, he should have been fired after year 2 with us. 

good guy it seems but low IQ bad head coach. 

It baffles me even further that people wanted to keep Steve Wilks ( MoRon coaching tree) and be mediocre for another 3-10 years. While other coaches are playing chess, these guys havent even mastered checkers. 

Edited by PootieNunu

15 minutes ago, CRA said:

Win %

Ron -.546

Fox -.507

Capers - .469

Seifert - .333

Rhule - .289

How many games can you say we won directly because of Ron's coaching?

Rhule was a terrible HC, but I think he could have been around .400 with a prime Cam and Luke. 

Rons record with the commanders is 22-27-1, it would look very similar in Carolina without 2 generational talents. 

5 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

How many games can you say we won directly because of Ron's coaching?

Rhule was a terrible HC, but I think he could have been around .400 with a prime Cam and Luke. 

Rons record with the commanders is 22-27-1, it would look very similar in Carolina without 2 generational talents. 

I mean, how many can you say Fox, Capers, Seifert or Rhule did.  

and for all the poo Ron gets on Cam….I don’t think most would have allowed Cam to be special.  Ron did.  It’s was a double edged sword that allowed us to see greatness.  Ron doesn’t get credit for all the risks he did take that lead to Cam being Cam.  

all of our coaches had some great players.  Matt Rhule was clearly the worst coach though.  Not just game day either.  Universally. 

I’d argue Fox probably had the most talented rosters overall.  

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, how many can you say Fox, Capers, Seifert or Rhule did.  

and for all the poo Ron gets on Cam….I don’t think most would have allowed Cam to be special.  Ron did.  It’s was a double edged sword that allowed us to see greatness.  Ron doesn’t get credit for all the risks he did take that lead to Cam being Cam.  

all of our coaches had some great players.  Matt Rhule was clearly the worst coach though.  Not just game day either.  Universally. 

I’d argue Fox probably had the most talented rosters overall.  

Yea most woud have limited Cam, durrrr.

Cam could have been so much more than he was with MoRon and Shula, which was evident in his very limited time with Chudzinski. 

Cam had to teach Shula the 2 min offense, go bark up someone else tree who does not know any better. Ron is a terrible HC.

Fox was clearly the better coach imo, Ron with Jake would have been a disaster. 

Edited by PootieNunu

7 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Yea most woud have limited Cam, durrrr.

Cam could have been so much more than he was with MoRon and Shula, which was evident in his very limited time with Chudzinski. 

Cam had to teach Shula the 2 min offense, go bark up someone else tree who does not know any better. Ron is a terrible HC.

Fox was clearly the better coach imo, Ron with Jake would have been a disaster. 

Ron and Fox basically the same dude.  And it’s not a debate about Ron being good or not.  Neither belong in this era.  Good coaches though.  Game just passing them by. 

it’s a simple one of him clearly being better than Matt Rhule 

Matt Rhule is the worst coach in our history.  There is no argument that he isn’t.   And if you want to argue Ron is worse than that is just Ron hate so comical that it causes nonsensical things to be proclaimed 

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

The nimrod who posted this thread was already way ahead of everybody on that front.

His original stick was that we were all going to be massively sorry we let go of Teddy Bridgewater (hence the dumbass screen name).

I hate to say it but he's actually right about Bridgewater. Look at the roster we trotted out after T2G. Darnold, PJ, Half a Cam, Baker. My god what was Rhule thinking? Or was he? 

Just now, CRA said:

Ron and Fox basically the same dude.  And it’s not a debate about Ron being good or not. 

it’s a simple one of him clearly being better than Matt Rhule 

Matt Rhule is the worst coach in our history.  There is no argument that he isn’t.   And if you want to argue Ron is worse than that is just Ron hate so comical that it causes nonsensical things to be proclaimed 

Rhule is one of the worst coaches the NFL has ever seen, but he probably could have lucked into a winning season with Cam and Luke. 

1 hour ago, t96 said:

The rosters Gettleman constructed had considerably more success than the rosters Hurney generated, with the same core players and Rivera as coach. It's not quite that simple and obviously both GMs had significant faults and Rivera has had concerns himself, but I don't think it's fair to say Gettleman "wasted" Cam and Luke.

I could argue that if Gettleman had acquired a competent LT to protect Cam, then we'd have a Super Bowl championship right now. He was solely responsible for the worst contract signing in franchise history in my book. I am not enamored in the slightest with Gentleman's roster construction. He may not have "wasted" them, but had he done his job better, Cam and Luke would be champs, and Rivera would've never had his tiny run as defacto GM.

• Pie 1