• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Short yardage running back?

Eclipse

2 hours ago, shaq said:

We have limited draft capital, wasting a pick on a niche role is a wast of draft capital. Cost vs value? What are you even referencing, due to the abundance of quality backs these older vet power Rbs are cheap and affordable. Look at our Donta Foreman signing last season and Mike Davis in years past. Give me that all day, would rather draft a developmental guy in true areas of need then draft our RB 3. 

The cost of signing another FA RB is not a value vs drafting late or UDFA. Spending a few million in hopes of them working out is not as smart as taking a cheaper flier and giving them time to develop and get work behind other already costly and or solid RBs on the roster.

11 minutes ago, byob1013 said:

The cost of signing another FA RB is not a value vs drafting late or UDFA. Spending a few million in hopes of them working out is not as smart as taking a cheaper flier and giving them time to develop and get work behind other already costly and or solid RBs on the roster.

The value of the free agent RB market is very inexpensive. A above average back Damien Harris went for a one year, 1.7 mill contract. Rashad Penny went for 1.2 mill, linked below is Chuba Hubbards current rookie contract he was a 4th rounder and will make 1.1 mill this year. I’m not suggesting splurging on another RB, they’re a very undervalued position and can make economical sense in free agency. I would prefer to spend our later picks on higher upside positions in areas of need, we lack depth in a multitude of positions. Depth in positions that cannot be as fixed as easily as free agency.

FCD47654-FF24-45D8-96CE-3A135767DAAE.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Varking said:

It has to be Sanders. We gave him the money for it. We let our shirt yardage back, Foreman, leave for like 3 million dollars a year. 

Duce Staley likes having a tools bases backfield. Miles Sanders will 100% be our 3 down rb, Chuba will back him up, we still need a true power back. Honestly, not a very important position in todays age and can be found with a vet minimum. Or honestly, we could use Laviska Shenault in the backfield, at his size of 220 he would be our heaviest back.

24 minutes ago, shaq said:

Duce Staley likes having a tools bases backfield. Miles Sanders will 100% be our 3 down rb, Chuba will back him up, we still need a true power back. Honestly, not a very important position in todays age and can be found with a vet minimum. Or honestly, we could use Laviska Shenault in the backfield, at his size of 220 he would be our heaviest back.

We brought in Kendra Miller for a reason. He will be there in the 4th or 5th. He looked great in limited action against Michigan after missing time from a MCL. I feel he is pretty underrated for how well he fills a role. Sean Tucker is my preference but we will see how the cookies crumble later on in day 3.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, byob1013 said:

We brought in Kendra Miller for a reason. He will be there in the 4th or 5th. He looked great in limited action against Michigan after missing time from a MCL. I feel he is pretty underrated for how well he fills a role. Sean Tucker is my preference but we will see how the cookies crumble later on in day 3.

I like Kendre Miller, Chase Brown, Deneric Prince as my later RB’s. Would be happy with any of them with our 5th round pick, hopefully we trade down from #39 and pick up some later round picks to play with.

• Pie 3

17 hours ago, byob1013 said:

Sean Tucker or Kendre Miller are my preferences after the 4th. If we look earlier Roschon Johnson would be solid or Zach Charbonnet if we go really sexy in the 2nd or 3rd. 

Big Kendre fan. Plays so much like Foreman minus the one cut but plus contact absorption.

• Pie 1