• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer's Annual Mock

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I do know SEA's pipe dream is being gifted Anderson somehow. That would be nasty if they land him, then turn around and grab Banks or porter at 20.  

It is amazing how up in the air this draft is.  

It was really tough doing mock drafts when we were at 9. Feels like after the top two QB's and D-line guys it's a ton of 2nd round talent

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hope so.

Reading the tea leaves it’s pretty clear you don’t want BY and that’s cool no fault in having a different opinion. But when multiple teams tried trading up for him, now other QBs are somewhat falling it’s apparent the general consensus is he’s the best despite his stature. I do think Stroud is gonna be a good NFL qb and given time AR15 as well but Bryce is just *different* imo. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, CashNewton22 said:

Reading the tea leaves it’s pretty clear you don’t want BY and that’s cool no fault in having a different opinion. But when multiple teams tried trading up for him, now other QBs are somewhat falling it’s apparent the general consensus is he’s the best despite his stature. I do think Stroud is gonna be a good NFL qb and given time AR15 as well but Bryce is just *different* imo. 

Not quite true...

Young has pretty much every quality that I prefer in a quarterback. The durability concerns scare me though.

That's why my preference is Stroud, but I'd also be pretty happy with Young as long as we can keep him upright.

11 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

no way QB needy teams just sit their idly and let them fall outside of the top 10. they will move up before someone else does.

Jonathan Jones actually has a somewhat similar result.

Jones sees Levis to the Colts at 4, Stroud to the Titans at 11 and Richardson to the Texans at 12.

Still only two QBs in the top 10 and one taken at 12, but neither Richardson nor Levis falls  as far for him as Breer has them.

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

It was really tough doing mock drafts when we were at 9. Feels like after the top two QB's and D-line guys it's a ton of 2nd round talent

I honestly think the likes of Jalen Carter, Tyree Wilson, & Myles Murphy are more questionable than some of these high motor, high upside DL like Van Ness, Kancey, & McDonald.  Albeit all different types.

My view on this class is having a very small top tier (3-4 guys) and a VERY large fringe 1st/2nd round pool that last until #50-55.  

I would LOVE to get a peak at team value tiers/blocks because that's what probably all over the place team-to-team this year with the 1st to 2nd round talent.  

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I think it was always going to end up that way unless a team wants Young. Any team wanting their choice of the qbs had to trade for the 1st overall pick.  If you didn't care which one you get you could have just sat tight and take your chances. I'm not buying Huston not taking a qb just yet. But it's possible.  The Colts will definitely take one but they will not need to trade up. I do not see the possibility of anyone trading up until Arizona is on the clock. The Colts will be sweating that pick until its over.

the luxury that the texans have is that they've got a butt load of picks so they can get their absolute favorite player in the draft and then either use their #12 or bundle a couple and come back and get their 2nd favorite QB (since we'll have already drafted their favorite.

the texans trading back up to get a QB is not something i have heard anyone talking about, but why wouldn't you if you feel solid enough about one of the non-Young ones and you don't think they will be there by #12?

49 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I do know SEA's pipe dream is being gifted Anderson somehow. That would be nasty if they land him, then turn around and grab Banks or porter at 20.  

It is amazing how up in the air this draft is.  

47 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's a damn near universal sentiment 😕

it's definitely going to be one of the most entertaining first rounds i can remember in a while.

no one has a clue what is going to happen past the #1 pick.

it's glorious chaos.

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

Yeah, having a division full of hopefully, good, young QBs should be a lot more fun than what we've seen the last few years. It would help make those division rivalry games really mean something again.

I agree. The team did what it had to do to get the best QB in the draft. Hopefully, Young will continue being what made him a great college QB in the pros.

yeah i loved it when we had Cam, Ryan, and Brees all fighting for it. i'd love for us all to be really competitive and respectable again.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

the luxury that the texans have is that they've got a butt load of picks so they can get their absolute favorite player in the draft and then either use their #12 or bundle a couple and come back and get their 2nd favorite QB (since we'll have already drafted their favorite.

the texans trading back up to get a QB is not something i have heard anyone talking about, but why wouldn't you if you feel solid enough about one of the non-Young ones and you don't think they will be there by #12?

I mean I guess it's possible Huston trades down. I have heard rumors floated that everyone wants to trade down but I've not heard any about another team wanting to trade up.

Just now, rayzor said:

yeah i loved it when we had Cam, Ryan, and Brees all fighting for it. i'd love for us all to be really competitive and respectable again.

I get the sentiment, but I'd also be okay with it if we got good and the rest just continued to suck 😄

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I mean I guess it's possible Huston trades down. I have heard rumors floated that everyone wants to trade down but I've not heard any about another team wanting to trade up.

I've seen several say the same thing.

That's why Breer doesn't think the Cardinals necessarily get a taker on #3.