• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Anthony Richardson was Panthers QB #2

TheSpecialJuan

2 hours ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

I'm really trying to read through the leaves can you help me see where you got the interpretation they had him 2...I see he made a strong impression but where do you see that info

Several of us have been hearing it for weeks from people with connections. They like CJ, just not more than AR or Young.

3 hours ago, PantherMan89 said:

Joe Person has been saying/insinuating the same for weeks. 

That's not what Joe actually said. Frankly, it isn't what Jeremy Fowler is saying either.

Person only said that Richardson was "in the conversation" if the Panthers traded down. He ultimately believed CJ Stroud would have been the guy though.

This is just Juan doing his usual clickbait.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

How can you say “was” when nobodies been drafted yet? 

Because they had made up their mind weeks ago. Weeks before that they had narrowed it down but to AR and Young, but had settled on the idea of AR when they were at 9 because there was no way Young was going to make it to them.

For the past month+ it was only Young and AR, in that order.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's not what Joe actually said. Frankly, it isn't what Jeremy Fowler is saying either.

Person only said that Richardson was "in the conversation" if the Panthers traded down. He ultimately believed CJ Stroud would have been the guy though.

He believed Stroud would be the guy, but voices leaking out have been very consistent saying that their two favorites were Young and AR. Stroud wasn't really mentioned much, which surprised me.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen Stroud as #4 or #5 from some people close to certain teams. 

AR was #2 on the Panthers board. Stroud was #3 in a close battle with Levis. 

I would not be surprised if Stroud is the 4th or 5th qb taken in the mid teens. 

Just now, rayzor said:

He believed Stroud would be the guy, but voices leaking out have been very consistent saying that their two favorites were Young and AR. Stroud wasn't really mentioned much, which surprised me.

I've only seen people say he was in the race. Haven't seen what I'd call actual evidence that he was a definitive number two.

Full disclosure though, I'd be lying if i said I cared that much.

The name of the first guy we didn't pick is only gonna matter to people who want to argue about it.