• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So let’s talk about Levis

NAS

40 minutes ago, NAS said:

And your lazy answer is just cowardice.  What’s the point of debate if you say that all four of those have an equal chance of being good. 

I have seen what I have seen from Levis. He has some ego and mental issues which will hinder his development. His tape at Kentucky doesn’t lie. 

The white knighting for Levis around here is something else! lol! I was worried when he was getting more attention than warranted. He was not great in college, so I have no idea why he had such fanfare around here. 

Well I do have an idea why, and it’s a sad one. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

18 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

not going to feel bad for the millionaire frat boy who’s never worked a hard day in his life being criticized for not being great at the sportsballs

Wow, I guess the Sportsball can be entertaining both on and off the field. lol

On 6/4/2023 at 8:07 AM, NAS said:

I would have been OK with Richardson at #9. I think he has a better chance of developing than mental case Levis.

Ah yes, the old "that guy is just confident, but ihe other guy is a cocky douche" argument. Unless we draft him of course, then he becomes confident.

22 hours ago, NAS said:

And your lazy answer is just cowardice.  What’s the point of debate if you say that all four of those have an equal chance of being good. 

I have seen what I have seen from Levis. He has some ego and mental issues which will hinder his development. His tape at Kentucky doesn’t lie. 

Which tape? The 2021 or the 2022?

And the reality is they do all have an equal chance of being good, or of being bad. You can make predictions based on what you see, but acting like you know anything for certain at this point Is the actual "being a douche".

Yes I know it's the thing in sports talk today to tell everybody "this is my view and it's a fact and nobody can argue with it". Has been since Jim Rome came along, but it's still stupid.

• Poo 1

22 hours ago, Ghostface Chilla said:

The white knighting for Levis around here is something else! lol! I was worried when he was getting more attention than warranted. He was not great in college, so I have no idea why he had such fanfare around here. 

Well I do have an idea why, and it’s a sad one. 

Nah. It's a stupid one, and it's a lazy one. Can't say it shows much in the reading comprehension department either.

22 hours ago, NAS said:

Wrong again, I never was high on Levis so you should name names or otherwise you’re just being a douche

Where did I say you were?

You're really not getting it here.

• Poo 1

21 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Popping in here for the first time. So ... WTF are you gents even doing?

Half making fun of Levis for NO reason, and half defending him for NO reason.

Lock this and get on with your lives.

Insanity Going Crazy GIF

The Levis hate is truly strange, but I know the deep rooted issue behind it. We will not go there though, lock it up plz.

22 hours ago, OldhamA said:

No it didn't.

Richardson had the most jaw dropping tape of any of the QBs.  

Something tells me you're not understanding what you're reading...or what you're seeing for that matter If you think Anthony Richardson had better tape than Bryce Young or CJ Stroud.

The argument for guys like Richardson and Levis is that you take the super physical specimen who's only got raw quarterbacking skills and coach him up to be a quarterback as opposed to taking the guy like Young who already knows how to play the position very well but might not be as physically talented as the others.

I've never been a fan of that approach, and I'm still not. However, like many others Young's size and potential lack of durability concerned me, and still do.

That's why I preferred CJ Stroud, but also never hated the idea of drafting Young because his actual quarterbacking skill set is off the charts, even if he doesn't throw the ball a hundred miles an hour or a hundred yards downfield with the flick of a wrist.

The last team that took the "just draft an athlete and worry about the other stuff later" approach signed Sam Darnold this offseason because they're still not sure the "super athlete" they drafted can play quarterback.

(which is ironic as hell given that Darnold basically fits the same profile)

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

The Levis hate is truly strange, but I know the deep rooted issue behind it. We will not go there though, lock it up plz.

Yep.

I didn't want him either (Lady Cowboy Fan did, I wanted Stroud) but the venom being spewed about him is kinda cringey.

36 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yep.

I didn't want him either (Lady Cowboy Fan did, I wanted Stroud) but the venom being spewed about him is kinda cringey.

It’s really not that different than you going in every A Richardson thread pre draft and pointing out all the bad, posting negative tweets that analysts said about him. Anytime someone bigged up Richardson, you were in there. One group is just more outward, while you were passive. 

But both sides are and we’re cringey. Neither are panthers, and neither should get the hate they got then or get now. We have Bryce. No need to discuss the others 

• Flames 1

57 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And the reality is they do all have an equal chance of being good, or of being bad.

You sound ridiculous. If this was true then why did we trade up? 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

It’s really not that different than you going in every A Richardson thread pre draft and pointing out all the bad, posting negative tweets that analysts said about him. Anytime someone bigged up Richardson, you were in there. One group is just more outward, while you were passive. 

You sure you got the right guy, there? 🤔

I spent a lot more time this offseason debating between Bryce Young and CJ Stroud than I did Richardson because once we moved to #1, I never really took the idea of us picking Richardson seriously.

Ended up being on the wrong side of the Stroud vs Young debate of course, but I wouldn't say I'm all that broken up about it.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, NAS said:

You sound ridiculous. If this was true then why did we trade up? 

Because it's what we believed was the right thing to do.

How hard is it to understand the difference between making a prediction about what we think will happen and acting like we know what will?

Yet somehow you've got it turned around to where acting like we know exactly what's going to happen is somehow courageous but admitting we don't know the future is douchey.

Do you actually hear how that sounds? 🤔

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Poo 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Because it's what we believed was the right thing to do.

How hard is it to understand the difference between making a prediction about what we think will happen and acting like we know what will?

Yet somehow you've got it turned around to where acting like we know exactly what's going to happen is somehow courageous but admitting we don't know the future is douchey.

Do you actually hear how that sounds? 🤔

I think it's you who's acting like we say "we know".  All this is about predictions and probabilities.  Literally definition of probability is likelihood and you're saying that the probability ("equal chance") of them being good / bad is the same.  You make no sense man.  If the probability was equal then drafting the next available at #9 vs. #1 would have the same chance of success and that  just isn't the case.  

We don't know if Bryce Young will be a franchise QB but he has a much higher probability of success than a Will Levis or Anthony Richardson, and a marginally better probability than CJ Stroud. 

Edited by NAS
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, NAS said:

I think it's you who's acting like we say "we know".  All this is about predictions and probabilities.  Literally definition of probability is likelihood and you're saying that the probability of them being good / bad is the same.  You make no sense man.

The guy most would acknowledge as the greatest quarterback in NFL history dropped to the sixth round.

Meanwhile, one of the most highly touted college quarterbacks of his day went #2 overall and became a huge bust.

(and for the record, both were massive douchebags so personality doesn't necessarily predict success)

You started off this discussion by saying you were glad we "dodged a bullet". You've also thrown in statements about knowing that Levis will be a bust because of what you've seen already. I pointed out that we don't know that, something which you accepted at first. Why you're mad about it now I have no idea.

Keep in mind there are plenty of people who "know" that Bryce Young isn't gonna last long because he's too small and so he's likely going to get hurt. Are those people being bold or just accepting the probabilities in their predictions?

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Poo 1