• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Kaye explains DJ Johnson pick

TheSpecialJuan

The 3rd round pick defense is the definition of just blind defense of the home team.  We would knock any other team for the reach given the the better options/football players available . 

if you can’t knock the pick then you basically are arguing no pick by any team should be criticized . 

• Pie 3

I don't like the move. If you are going to trade up, do it for someone you really really want or bpa. This feels very out of character for Fitt. I'm guessing he was the last guy at the position on their board and they said f it. All in all I don't care, but seems like a dumb move.

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

The 3rd round pick defense is the definition of just blind defense of the home team.  We would knock any other team for the reach given the the better options/football players available . 

if you can’t knock the pick then you basically are arguing no pick by any team should be criticized . 

Its not just the pick its the giving up a 4rth for it

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

You can fairly criticize any pick we've made. Hell, if they turn out bad, you probably look smart for doing so.

Of course it's also true that if they play well you might wind up looking like a dumbsh-t 😕

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Luciu5 said:

I don't like the move. If you are going to trade up, do it for someone you really really want or bpa. This feels very out of character for Fitt. I'm guessing he was the last guy at the position on their board and they said f it. All in all I don't care, but seems like a dumb move.

I mean do they really think this dude is going to be a better building block for your team then Darnall washington?  It really doesnt make a lick of sense

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

You can fairly criticize any pick we've made. Hell, if they turn out bad, you probably look smart for doing so.

Of course it's also true that if they play well you might wind up looking like a dumbsh-t 😕

I love, absolutely love the mingo pick but goddamn that shouldnt send fitt and co into a damn death spiral of desperation in trying to get a DE.   Just take the lump and move on down the road. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I love, absolutely love the mingo pick but goddamn that shouldnt send fitt and co into a damn death spiral of desperation in trying to get a DE.   Just take the lump and move on down the road. 

I'm reminded of a recent discussion about the value of early draft grades...

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

lol if you play simple odds and math the genius move is to criticize every pick that isn’t a first rounder and you basically are going to generally be right the overwhelming majority of the time lol.    And that’s without even looking at who we pick at any point.  

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This I agree with every word. Was not getting a a random EDGE in this draft really the end of the world? I just don't think it was necessary to panic.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

lol if you play simple odds and math the genius move is to criticize every pick that isn’t a first rounder and you basically are going to generally be right the overwhelming majority of the time lol.    And that’s without even looking at who we pick at any point.  

I like the bryce pick, hes the best qb we have had in half a decade

I love the mingo pick for numerous reasons

I despise the DJ pick for numerous reasons

• Pie 2