• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 4 - The Carolina Panthers Select Chandler Zavala - G - North Carolina State

rodeo

16 hours ago, MHS831 said:

https://www.panthers.com/team/players-roster/#

Reading tea leaves here:  After watching the call to Zavala video, based on the comments of several people (Tepper, Reich, etc) in the war room (about playing beside Icky again), I cannot help but think the hope/plan is to start him at LG.  Of course there will be a competition, but the absence of T depth is noticeable, and Christensen was the "weak link" on the OL last year.  His superior athleticism is sorta wasted at LG.  He had a 56 PFF score (from memory) which is not good or elite--it is around average or slightly below it.  I think BC helps this team more by playing #2 LG and swing OT--and it seems like that is the plan, despite what they said about the USFL etc.

I got the impression that he's going to compete for LG with Brady likely to move over to RT until Austin's fully healed.

Can't help but wonder if they're priming Brady to eventually take over for Moton or if they're looking at him as the primary swing guy.

4 hours ago, 45catfan said:

He's inside the shoulders and the rusher didn't beat him.  Holding normally gets called when the hands are outside and the lineman is beat. 

Are we watching the same clip?

He didn't have his hands inside the shoulders on the chest, he had a full on grip on the jersey on the top of his shoulders and clearly was pulling on his jersey as the defender was trying to pull away from him but couldn't because of the fistful of jersey.

I like the pick, not bashing the player, just saying it was a weird clip to use to talk about liking a pick as that block there will draw a flag 99 out of 100 times.

6 hours ago, Icege said:

I got the impression that he's going to compete for LG with Brady likely to move over to RT until Austin's fully healed.

Can't help but wonder if they're priming Brady to eventually take over for Moton or if they're looking at him as the primary swing guy.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s the latter, at least initially. We may decide to rework Morton’s deal at the end of his contract depending on injury history and performance. He’s been the only consistent OL until last year and will still be in his prime.