• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More NFL News

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Diggs is a terrible fit with Young, Hopkins is a terrible fit with Young, what's next Devante Adams is a terrible fit with Young?

I guess we need to pair a "young WR" with Young. Because all the veteran WR's are bad fits...

I never once said that Hopkins is a terrible fit with Young.

He's a terrible fit for the Panthers long term future given the current state of our roster.

Developing and seeing what TMJ and Mingo can be is far more important to the long term success of the Panthers than what Hopkins would add to this year's team, that's why I'm against Hopkins.  I've also been clear in all of it, that if we could trade Chark for a CB or DE, then I'd be all about getting Hopkins.

Thielen is locked in as our slot and Chark is locked in on the outside.

Right now, TMJ and Mingo would take almost all the snaps at the other outside spot, while they'd both be on the field in 4 WR sets and they'd both likely take some slot snaps from Thielen as he's not likely an every snap player at his age.

If you add Hopkins, that limits TMJ and Mingo to 4 WR sets and spot snaps at the other 3 spots, which isn't enough to help them develop and/or see if either can be legitimate WR options for us over the next few years.

I would be against adding any WR in the league over the age of 28 if they'd take the 2nd outside WR spot away from TMJ/Mingo, no matter who they are.  If they're younger than 28 and would be here thru all of Bryce's rookie contract and prime SB window, it's a different discussion.

Not sure why you still struggle with that concept

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

But he doesnt need the money and there are only 30 NBA teams.  Seems like being a majority owner would be sweet.

There’s rumblings he hates todays NBA and what it has become and the NBA is soft, something along those lines.

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

There’s rumblings he hates todays NBA and what it has become and the NBA is soft, something along those lines.

would make sense

But my point is there is almost literally nothing he can do now with that money that he couldnt already be doing, for some reason this just seems odd

On 6/13/2023 at 8:31 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

Diggs is a terrible fit with Young, Hopkins is a terrible fit with Young, what's next Devante Adams is a terrible fit with Young?

I guess we need to pair a "young WR" with Young. Because all the veteran WR's are bad fits...

Jesus man, lets just go get every WR available then. Who do you not want at WR may be a better question. Maybe Diggs can play corner and D-Line as well hopefully.

GIVE ME ALL YOUR WIDE RECEIVERS!!

Edited by Ricky Prickles

People with money always want more.  He is rarely in Charlotte...spends most of his time in FL.  And there's this:

In 17 years as the team’s primary decision-maker, starting in 2006 even before he bought the team from Bob Johnson, Jordan’s team never won a single playoff series. Not a single one — in 17 seasons!

Jordan became Charlotte’s majority owner in 2010, buying out Johnson. The thought at the time was his brand-name allure would be hard to resist for the best of the best free agents. After all, who wouldn’t want to play for Michael Jordan? It turned out that a lot of people didn’t want to. 

So Jordan’s reign as Charlotte’s most famous sports owner ever was ultimately a PR success but an on-court failure. Charlotte still has never won an NBA championship, made an NBA Finals or even made it to the Eastern Conference finals — and this is a team that’s now been around for 35 years. The best thing Jordan did as Charlotte’s owner was change the team’s nickname back to “Hornets,” from the ill-fated “Bobcats.” The latter name had produced both the NBA’s worst record by winning percentage — the cinematically awful 7-59 season of 2011-12 — and a bad taste in everyone’s mouth due to its association with Johnson, whose first name was Bob by some “random” chance and who wasn’t well-liked by much of anyone in Charlotte. It was cool for MJ to own his home-state team. We all liked that. The central figure of “The Last Dance” and “Air” was ours! But by the same token, the bloom was off the Jordan ownership rose in a lot of ways. While the Hornets still draw well and sell out more often than you would think, Jordan was rarely spotted in the arena in the 2022-23 season. His greatest present to the Hornets was often his presence. After all these years, his players and most of the fans in Spectrum Center remained in utter awe of him. But by the end, His Airness rarely granted Charlotte an audience. He seemed to be in Florida much of the time. I actually think a set of new owners isn’t a terrible thing from a sports standpoint. The star power in the owner’s box will no longer be there. But in terms of actually winning championships? The Hornets have nowhere to go but up.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/charlotte-hornets/article276476761.html#storylink=cpy

He is just not good at it and seems to be losing interest.

• Pie 2

On 6/13/2023 at 8:38 PM, tukafan21 said:

I never once said that Hopkins is a terrible fit with Young.

He's a terrible fit for the Panthers long term future given the current state of our roster.

Developing and seeing what TMJ and Mingo can be is far more important to the long term success of the Panthers than what Hopkins would add to this year's team, that's why I'm against Hopkins.  I've also been clear in all of it, that if we could trade Chark for a CB or DE, then I'd be all about getting Hopkins.

Thielen is locked in as our slot and Chark is locked in on the outside.

Right now, TMJ and Mingo would take almost all the snaps at the other outside spot, while they'd both be on the field in 4 WR sets and they'd both likely take some slot snaps from Thielen as he's not likely an every snap player at his age.

If you add Hopkins, that limits TMJ and Mingo to 4 WR sets and spot snaps at the other 3 spots, which isn't enough to help them develop and/or see if either can be legitimate WR options for us over the next few years.

I would be against adding any WR in the league over the age of 28 if they'd take the 2nd outside WR spot away from TMJ/Mingo, no matter who they are.  If they're younger than 28 and would be here thru all of Bryce's rookie contract and prime SB window, it's a different discussion.

Not sure why you still struggle with that concept

Dude, its a hopeless cause arguing with that guy regarding anything that makes sense. I get what you are saying but he is never going to. I do believe he wants a whole roster filled with nothing but all pro WR's. To hell with every other position or the salary cap I guess.