• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More NFL News

Mr. Scot

45 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Sounds like Ron has seen the light!!  Only took 12 years.  🤣

He [Bieniemy] brought ideas to Washington about how he wanted to maximize practices for the offense. He brought a new offense; Rivera had favored one system since becoming a head coach in 2011 with Carolina. But Rivera also altered some of their practice routines this spring to accommodate Bieniemy. He liked that Bieniemy always had a plan -- or a reason for why he wanted something done a certain way.

Because it was a new offense, with a young quarterback in Howell, Bieniemy wanted to do an install, then have meetings and then practice. In the past, they’d practice and then have meetings -- as other coaches have done in previous years.

Also, the Commanders worked almost exclusively on their pass game this spring in full-team work, with a rare run play. It provided more reps for a young quarterback in Howell, giving the coaches a greater chance to see how he handled various situations.

“After you’ve been in the same system for 12 years, change is always a good thing,” Rivera said about welcoming Bieniemy's new approach, “and it’s been really refreshing.”

https://www.espn.com/blog/washington-commanders/post/_/id/42987/new-offensive-coordinator-eric-bieniemy-makes-presence-felt-with-commanders

I don't know. Ron sure did talk a big game about the new 3-4 defense they were gonna run his final year here then it looked like the exact same D we'd been running the whole time.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't know. Ron sure did talk a big game about the new 3-4 defense they were gonna run his final year here then it looked like the exact same D we'd been running the whole time.

He also told his wife that he needed to change, probably because he knew it was playoffs or bust. But he was still the same ultra-conservative coach he’s always been.  

25 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I guess I'm in the minority here but I think AR is going to surprise a lot of people this season.

I don't think he's as far off as people think. He is going to make some bonkers athletic plays that are going to be highlights for years to come.

he'll be the 2nd best rookie QB this year. probably the most fun to watch of them all, but overall results will have him behind Young.

2 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

He also told his wife that he needed to change, probably because he knew it was playoffs or bust. But he was still the same ultra-conservative coach he’s always been.  

he'd have moments of bravery (usually out of desperation or being forced to "change"), but then always resort back to old conservative ways. riverboat ron always reverted back to paddleboat ron.

• Pie 2

51 minutes ago, csx said:

We had 3 pretty different offenses under Rivera. They might have used similar terminology or schemes but they were executed noticably differently 

No, I get it.  We had three different cars but the same driver.  Ron loved close games and it’s been evident his entire Carolina career.

18 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Umm, even though I know Gettleman made tons of mistakes, the 2013-2017 teams Ron had were very, very talented and had OL talent. Aside from the refs, it was Ron and Don who lost the SB.

Again, Gettleman wasn’t good but Andrew Thomas, the guy he got a lot of flak for, is a top LT and he drafted/signed Moton, Norwell, Turner, Williams (was 2nd team all-pro before injury) and Oher (also solid before the concussion) in 5 drafts while already having Ryan as C.

One thing Gettleman did was bring in young talented OL. It was Hurney’s call to not resign Norwell and do nothing in the draft OL wise outside of the fantastic swing and miss of Little. In 3 drafts, Hurney 2.0 got Daley and Little, smh.

He also pushed Jordan Gross into early retirement so that the team could roll with Byron Bell at LT in front of our franchise QB. He also drafted Edmund Kugbila and let Norwell walk in free agency so we could pay Trai Turner who took his pay checks to the Golden Corrall. I know you prefaced with “Gettleman wasn’t good” but his o-lines weren’t good either. It was a big reason we lost the super bowl.

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

I always hated that nickname because it wasn’t true.

yeah it was intermittently true. i wanted to believe when it first started because i was beyond frustrated with how he was managing games. didn't take long at all before we started seeing him go back.

20 hours ago, ladypanther said:

He was always going to start due to their owner

Irsay...nuff said 😖

3 hours ago, ladypanther said:

After you’ve been in the same system for 12 years, change is always a good thing, 

Especially when the previous system wasn't really that great.

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

He is going to make some bonkers athletic plays that are going to be highlights for years to come.

He probably will. Vick did too.

But you have to look at the big picture.

Insane highlight reels are great and they certainly make you popular, but they don't always win games. Steady, consistent play is what builds a perennial winner.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

He probably will. Vick did too.

But you have to look at the big picture.

Insane highlight reels are great and they certainly make you popular, but they don't always win games. Steady, consistent play is what builds a perennial winner.

Pretty much what I have thought. People always bring up his athleticism like it is an X factor to win a Super Bowl. 
But I can’t remember the last time and athletic QB won a Super Bowl.
Cam is the last one to play in one I think. 
Don’t hate AR but I never understood his hype. But both him and Stroud I will be keeping a close eye one. 
If AR even plays this year.