• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who are your top 5 Panthers players of all time based on talent?

CamWhoaaCam

10 minutes ago, DamnItJake! said:

lol!! Did Armanti make the team!?? I don’t even remember.. it was a bad experiment and I think Delhomme played better than Armanti tbh!!

playing better and being a better football player is different than talent.  Armanti had more talent than Delhomme. 

Most high draft picks coming into the league got more talent than Tom Brady 

Armanti was drafted and played here 4 years because of talent.  He just wasn’t a very good football player at the NFL level 

49 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Are we excluding Kevin Green and Reggie White?. Neither were home grown guys but it’s hard to not at least put them in with an asterisk. 

I was too young to remember Reggie White as a Panther.

Wasn't he declined by the time he was with us?

41 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I was too young to remember Reggie White as a Panther.

Wasn't he declined by the time he was with us?

If memory serves he came out of retirement to play a season here.  We didn’t have the real Reggie. 

3 hours ago, Verge said:

Talent? 

1. Cam Newton 

2. Julius Peppers 

3. Kelvin Benjamin 

4. Kris Jenkins 

5. Thomas Davis 

Probably 

Anyone with a pair of eyes could tell Kelvin Benjamin was slow as molasses when coming out of FSU. I do not know about this one

OP, you didn''t think Luke was a freakshow? Look at his combine numbers and then look at how big he was. That's as freaky as it gets. On top of all that he's still the best coverage linebacker I've ever seen in college.

As for my list, it depends how you interpret pure talent, but if it means what I feel like you mean, the total package of skill, production and measurables, then I'd say it goes Cam and Peppers as 1A and 1B easily. Then followed by Luke and then possibly Morgan. Those guys check the most boxes out of our Panthers. 

1 minute ago, panther252 said:

OP, you didn''t think Luke was a freakshow? Look at his combine numbers and then look at how big he was. That's as freaky as it gets. On top of all that he's still the best coverage linebacker I've ever seen in college.

As for my list, it depends how you interpret pure talent, but if it means what I feel like you mean, the total package of skill, production and measurables, then I'd say it goes Cam and Peppers as 1A and 1B easily. Then followed by Luke and then possibly Morgan. Those guys check the most boxes out of our Panthers. 

I have him 3rd on my list bro...

Confused GIFs | Tenor

1 minute ago, panther252 said:

Luke Kueckly was like literally Superman.  His mind was so damn great at reading defenses he made it look really easy.  Add to that the physical toughness and talent and he is first ballot.  He was amazing from the first moment he stepped on the field in this league 

1. Cam Newton

2. Julius Peppers

3. Steve Smith

4. Luke Keuchly 

5. To play devils advocate here I’m going to go with Jonathan Stewart. Probably the most complete back we’ve ever had in terms of speed, balance, and power. He was a monster in his prime.