• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Fans Never Learn

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

I know, but you probably should. You obviously get no enjoyment out of them. How could you? I mean in your eyes they just suck and are a failure of a team destined to win 3 games.

Seriously, why bother?

this was me for almost the entire Matt Rhule era. that's why i was gone from the Huddle for over a year. i didn't vibe with Rhule and i didn't like the handling of Cam so i watched Manchester City and AEW until my interest in the Panthers was rekindled.

it's literally not even a bad thing. if you're miserable in your fandom, watch another sport or get into another hobby for a while until you feel the itch again.

i know that sports fanbases like to do the "i'm the biggest fan so i'd never do that" thing but we should be more cognizant of things needlessly impacting mental health these days.

• Pie 2

If you don't enjoy it why watch? People need to understand that this is all pointless entertainment, and being a fan of a football team isn't a blood pact, no matter how many people try to cope about it. I watched maybe 1/4 of the games in 2021/2022 because I knew by then Rhule was a charlatan rat

I am not expecting playoffs this year btw. I am hoping that they can compete with the tougher teams on the schedule, unlike last year where they were blown out by the Bengals and 49ers.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 2

9 hours ago, rodeo said:

this was me for almost the entire Matt Rhule era. that's why i was gone from the Huddle for over a year. i didn't vibe with Rhule and i didn't like the handling of Cam so i watched Manchester City and AEW until my interest in the Panthers was rekindled.

it's literally not even a bad thing. if you're miserable in your fandom, watch another sport or get into another hobby for a while until you feel the itch again.

i know that sports fanbases like to do the "i'm the biggest fan so i'd never do that" thing but we should be more cognizant of things needlessly impacting mental health these days.

sometimes just stepping away is a good thing. i think i quit posting for a year in here after the 2015 run. sometime during that next season i just dropped out. that season and the ending was just too taxing on me. 

the last year of the rhule era had me emotionally check out and i was just about to that point again. the last bit of hope i had was that maybe sometime Tepper would finally realize that rhule needed to go. fortunately he did and the wilks made it ok to be a fan again. panthers were something i could finally feel ok about. 

i feel great about the potential of this team finally with the coaching staff that reich has pulled together and Young looks like he could be a legit star in the league. i'm pumped. i haven't gone to training camp in a few years, but i really want to go this year and i'm going to try to work it into my schedule. 

i can understand someone being burned out, though, and not having any confidence in the team...but then, again, the question is "why would you do this to yourself? why allow yourself to continue being invested in something that you feel so horrible about? just walk away for a while...from it all, including and especially here in the huddle where you'll be constantly reminded of the thing that is dragging you down. it will be ok and even good for your mental health to take a break from it. find something else to get emotionally connected to that isn't a drain on you. 

that's what the OP should learn.

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

sometimes just stepping away is a good thing. i think i quit posting for a year in here after the 2015 run. sometime during that next season i just dropped out. that season and the ending was just too taxing on me. 

the last year of the rhule era had me emotionally check out and i was just about to that point again. the last bit of hope i had was that maybe sometime Tepper would finally realize that rhule needed to go. fortunately he did and the wilks made it ok to be a fan again. panthers were something i could finally feel ok about. 

i feel great about the potential of this team finally with the coaching staff that reich has pulled together and Young looks like he could be a legit star in the league. i'm pumped. i haven't gone to training camp in a few years, but i really want to go this year and i'm going to try to work it into my schedule. 

i can understand someone being burned out, though, and not having any confidence in the team...but then, again, the question is "why would you do this to yourself? why allow yourself to continue being invested in something that you feel so horrible about? just walk away for a while...from it all, including and especially here in the huddle where you'll be constantly reminded of the thing that is dragging you down. it will be ok and even good for your mental health to take a break from it. find something else to get emotionally connected to that isn't a drain on you. 

that's what the OP should learn.

You’re right. I’ll see you guys when we make the playoffs again