• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Rookie Minicamp 5.12

TheCasillas

11 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

No, I mean sucker punching players in meetings who simply asked to review certain plays in film study and on the practice field while taking a knee. Literally the only WR who they were willing to pair with him for success was Moose. I mean not wanting to work with the new franchise QB in 2011(According to Greg Olsen via A Football Life), ultimately resulting in the Panthers moving on to make it Cam and Luke's team. That's what I meant by sawed off. 

He suckered punched 2 teammates.  I personally watched him lose his mind on a ref in a flag football game in charlotte years back.  Hopefully he has mellowed and it appears he has but I will always say Smith is a great great football player but a horrible horrible person

6 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

No, I mean sucker punching players in meetings who simply asked to review certain plays in film study and on the practice field while taking a knee. Literally the only WR who they were willing to pair with him for success was Moose. I mean not wanting to work with the new franchise QB in 2011(According to Greg Olsen via A Football Life), ultimately resulting in the Panthers moving on to make it Cam and Luke's team. That's what I meant by sawed off. 

Did he have a chip on his shoulder,  yes absolutely. He's also the best WR to wear a Carolina Panthers uniform. 

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Did he have a chip on his shoulder,  yes absolutely. He's also the best WR to wear a Carolina Panthers uniform. 

I'm not disputing that, so stay focused. I was a huge SS fan on the field, but some of the stuff he did off the field was detrimental to the development of other WRs during his tenure. 

On 5/15/2023 at 5:03 PM, NorthTryon said:

I'm not disputing that, so stay focused. I was a huge SS fan on the field, but some of the stuff he did off the field was detrimental to the development of other WRs during his tenure. 

I am focused. He stayed true to who is,  his entire career. He made players better with his game and them watching him practice. He wasn't paid to be a coach, he was paid to be a WR. He deter any WR on the team from being better, that's on them just like it was on him. 

22 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

I am focused. He stayed true to who is,  his entire career. He made players better with his game and them watching him practice. He wasn't paid to be a coach, he was paid to be a WR. He deter any WR on the team from being better, that's on them just like it was on him. 

Nah, nobody needs to be a bad teammate. 

• Pie 1

Interesting insight on how rookie camp went, hard reality of bottom tier guys getting the Corral treatment with their reps. I guess when trying to get a rookie QB and 2nd round wr up to speed asap some of these tryout guys weren't getting much a chance

On 5/17/2023 at 12:46 PM, PantherPhann89 said:

How many games would this good teammates have won without Steve Smith? Ice Up Son...

Yeah, that's why I said stay focused earlier. I never said anything to the tune of his on the field play. SS was a bad teammate and stifled the maturation of every WR we drafted. He almost disabled one teammate in a film study for asking to see a play again and then sucker punched another teammate at practice. Then he tried to be a punk and not work with Cam which resulted in his dismissal. Other posters are bringing these points up, but you keep quoting me. Since you think beating up teammates for trying to study film and sucker punching teammates for playing well against you in practice then I have three words. Grow up Son!

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

Yeah, that's why I said stay focused earlier. I never said anything to the tune of his on the field play. SS was a bad teammate and stifled the maturation of every WR we drafted. He almost disabled one teammate in a film study for asking to see a play again and then sucker punched another teammate at practice. Then he tried to be a punk and not work with Cam which resulted in his dismissal. Other posters are bringing these points up, but you keep quoting me. Since you think beating up teammates for trying to study film and sucker punching teammates for playing well against you in practice then I have three words. Grow up Son!

I'm still focused. He didn't stiffle the maturation of any WR's, including this we drafted. He was the example of how to play the position and how to be disciplined in your work ethic to improve. I acknowledged his chip on his shoulder and will accept that chip with his game play every practice, every Monday and Thursday night and twice on Sunday's.  Only kids that misquote someone words needs to grow up!

17 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

I'm still focused. He didn't stiffle the maturation of any WR's, including this we drafted. He was the example of how to play the position and how to be disciplined in your work ethic to improve. I acknowledged his chip on his shoulder and will accept that chip with his game play every practice, every Monday and Thursday night and twice on Sunday's.  Only kids that misquote someone words needs to grow up!

Hahahahahahahahaha!!! The proof is in the pudding man, which is why no less than ten other fans in this thread have said he was a bad teammate. I get you're a SS super fan, but nobody is perfect and these are things that will always be discussed in regards to his career in Carolina. Like I said in my first post, it is good he is now willing to work with young, up and coming WRs for the Panthers.