• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

Just now, DJ feed me moore said:

finally someone here with some sense. scoot and melo can play together fine. Terry will be a good mentor as well(although we need to find a trade partner for him near the deadline)

Bro that backcourt will be the worst shooting backcourt in the NBA.

Im literally watching Scoot highlights to sell myself on him and all I see is a dude who attacks the rim. He needs the ball to reach his full potential and that won't happen with LaMelo.

If we take Scoot we have to trade Melo. I think it's best we take the best fit and a guy who actually just as talented as Scoot but also a way better shooter. Brandon Miller should be the pick.

Anybody screaming about a 6’2 pg/sg who can’t shoot is funny.. And don’t know today’s basketball.. If you wanted a Westbrook clone we could have just gotten Westbrook…

If you want to help Lamelo get him this on the wing 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Anybody screaming about a 6’2 pg/sg who can’t shoot is funny.. And don’t know today’s basketball.. If you wanted a Westbrook clone we could have just gotten Westbrook…

If you want to help Lamelo get him this on the wing 

It's really simple imo.

We already have a star pg we don't need another who also can't shoot.

This league is about shooting. Miller is the best shooter and he can also create his own offense. You can do more with his size and shooting ability then you can with Scoot who is only a rim attacker.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, DJ feed me moore said:

its not like scoot has been playing his whole career with an NBA 3 point line. Saying he cant shoot after one G league season at age 18 is just wild to me. 

It’s not me saying, it’s literally every scout on God’s green earth saying Henderson’s shot is a weakness. If he shot 35% from three then he’d be the pick no questions asked.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

It's really simple imo.

We already have a star pg we don't need another who also can't shoot.

This league is about shooting. Miller is the best shooter and he can also create his own offense. You can do more with his size and shooting ability then you can with Scoot who is only a rim attacker.

I’m seriously don’t understand the debate..

6’9 long length 2 way wing that can create and is a knock down shooter is a perfect fit for this team…

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It’s not me saying, it’s literally every scout on God’s green earth saying Henderson’s shot is a weakness. If he shot 35% from three then he’d be the pick no questions asked.

Yeah im watching his film and im seeing not many jumpshots.

His game is basically attacking the rim and floaters. That would be great 10 years ago, but this league is about shooting. He can't shoot at all. Then you pair him with another non shooter in Melo. That just has disaster written all over it.

Imagine trying to spread the court with Melo/Scoot/Williams in the starting lineup. It's impossible. Just draft Brandon Miller don't F this up.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

25% percent from 3

And again he is more of a pg then a SG .. 

This is basketball 

Size does matter..

I do love the debate here though, with stroud/young I was always going to be fine with either of them and I didn't really care one way or the other(I originally wanted CJ when we made the trade but flipped too bryce during the scouting process). This is totally different, feel like we will have let a truly great player slip by us if we draft Miller over scoot.

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah im watching his film and im seeing not many jumpshots.

His game is basically attacking the rim and floaters. That would be great 10 years ago, but this league is about shooting. He can't shoot at all. Then you pair him with another non shooter in Melo. That just has disaster written all over it.

Imagine trying to spread the court with Melo/Scoot/Williams in the starting lineup. It's impossible. Just draft Brandon Miller don't F this up.

Wait .. 

When did Melo become a non shooter??

He is a career 37.1% 3 point shooter..

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/4432816/lamelo-ball

1 minute ago, DJ feed me moore said:

I do love the debate here though, with stroud/young I was always going to be fine with either of them and I didn't really care one way or the other(I originally wanted CJ when we made the trade but flipped too bryce during the scouting process). This is totally different, feel like we will have let a truly great player slip by us if we draft Miller over scoot.

Why because he can dunk?? And ppl hyped him up?? Watch the film on both please before forming this opinion…

• Pie 1