• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Panthers Eastern Conf Finals Game 1 Thursday 8pm

3 hours ago, Harbingers said:

No practice today for the canes. Don’t know about Florida. Also it sounds like Lomberg will be back for the series, yay… more dirty for Florida, sigh.

Future Alt of Panthers Fan 69 here.  Im mean when teams goonit up against us it doesn't wok out well.  Look at that first round vs the islanders.   They had no shot when they gooned up.  Let Florida play dirty   we will just rack up goals.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, backINblack28 said:

Rod will obviously move Tuevo around if he is in shape/ready, but i wonder if this initial pairing is more about keeping him away from an immediate Tkachuk slash

Doubtful, because at least for the first two games I highly suspect we will put the Staal line against the Bennett(Tkachuk) line. We could put him against the Barkov but I think shutting down and frustrating the Bennett line is priority. That’s why it’s kind of surprising, since the Staal line requires the most energy/defense. 

Im guessing they said TT is a very good two way player and he’s been resting for a month. If his hand is good he’s going to give us the best option shutting down Tkuchuk. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Doubtful, because at least for the first two games I highly suspect we will put the Staal line against the Bennett(Tkachuk) line. We could put him against the Barkov but I think shutting down and frustrating the Bennett line is priority. That’s why it’s kind of surprising, since the Staal line requires the most energy/defense. 

Im guessing they said TT is a very good two way player and he’s been resting for a month. If his hand is good he’s going to give us the best option shutting down Tkuchuk. 

if it's me i'm putting Staal on Barkov, KK line on Bennett, and matching up our 1 vs their 3 at home. Not saying you're wrong necessarily, it could go that way.  On the road in the regular season finale they matched our Aho line with Barkov so I'm expecting that again on the road.

• Beer 1

Just now, backINblack28 said:

if it's me i'm putting Staal on Barkov, KK line on Bennett, and matching up our 1 vs their 3 at home. Not saying you're wrong necessarily, it could go that way.  On the road in the regular season finale they matched our Aho line with Barkov so I'm expecting that again on the road.

That does have an on paper benefit of freeing up our 1, but their 3 is their shutdown line too, Jersey tried putting their shutdown Vs. Our 2 and look what happened. That’s why I think Aho V. Barkov like you said happened in the regular season. Though I’d go flip in that scenario, Staal still on Bennett, KK on Barkov. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

That does have an on paper benefit of freeing up our 1, but their 3 is their shutdown line too, Jersey tried putting their shutdown Vs. Our 2 and look what happened. That’s why I think Aho V. Barkov like you said happened in the regular season. Though I’d go flip in that scenario, Staal still on Bennett, KK on Barkov. 

their 3rd and 4th lines are gonna be grossly overmatched no matter what happens, that's sort of the separator here that the media lauding FLA for being world beaters and tryharding kind of ignores

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, backINblack28 said:

their 3rd and 4th lines are gonna be grossly overmatched no matter what happens, that's sort of the separator here that the media lauding FLA for being world beaters and tryharding kind of ignores

Ya… as much as I wish we’d replace Stepan with Each if Drury stays on 4. I understand why we are keeping Stepan. Drury will(should) also be covering Stepans fugups going neutral to defensive. Who knows Maurice could redistribute his lines to create a spread. We’ll see. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Beer 1

Just curious - if TT is able to play, who sits for him? Hopefully Mac keeps his spot and we sit Stepan (or Stastny) - Mac has been relentless on his forecheck and has meshed very well with our system.

Hopefully our lines are:  Jarvis - Aho - Mac; TT - KK - Necas; Fast, Staal, Marty; Drury - Stastny - Noesen

• Pie 1