• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Off-Season Thread

1 minute ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Can it just be Hockey yet??! Going to need App, the panthers, and the Braves to tied me over. Please let the first two be good. Not worried about the Braves. 

Ya. I’m right there with you.

I know we got panthers TC right around the corner and all that, but I don’t really want to get too involved with all that. We got a new coach and a number one pick. I kinda just want to pick it up week one and enjoy what should be much much better football. Enjoy our new cerebral guru QB and hope Reich didn’t fug up an already poo defense. Rhule really just ground me down and turned me off the NFL outside of playoffs. 

Canes however! Expectations mother fugers. Give me some of that sweet sweet hockey. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Can it just be Hockey yet??! Going to need App, the panthers, and the Braves to tied me over. Please let the first two be good. Not worried about the Braves. 

Also svech hit the ice for the first time two(I think) days ago. Don’t rush him. We don’t need another Thomas Davis on our hands. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

@DavidEng this has always been a huge problem for Nylander. Would you really want this type of effort on your team in the playoffs?

We don’t need regular season players. We need a playoff forward or two. 

Man I’m not going to judge a player on a two videos showing two bad plays.

I would take Nylander’s playoff stats any day:

A18E52ED-3C97-40B2-8A30-E1E16732E548.jpeg.ce0d275a892d4c0b62d24179c3c67ce6.jpeg

Here’s Nylanders 2022-2023 season highlights. Yep, I would take this player any day.

Edited by DavidEng
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Man I’m not going to judge a player on a two videos showing two bad plays.

I would take Nylander playoff stats any day:

A18E52ED-3C97-40B2-8A30-E1E16732E548.jpeg.ce0d275a892d4c0b62d24179c3c67ce6.jpeg

Here’s Nylanders 2022-2023 season highlights. Yep, I owould take this player any day.

He’s a good star. Just not a hurricanes type player *Unless* he mans up and plays rods hockey but then you are going to see him number suffer greatly. He’s basically an Offensive defensemen without the defensemen part. Or should I say a dougie Hamilton. 

Edited by Harbingers

6 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

He’s a good star. Just not a hurricanes type player *Unless* he mans up and plays rods hockey but then you are going to see him number suffer greatly. He’s basically an Offensive defensemen without the defensemen part. Or should I say a dougie Hamilton. 

Yeah Dougie Hamilton had his best season ever too haha.

That’s it, I’m on the phone now with Don and Rod. We’re gonna make a move to get Nylander just to piss you off. 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

One could also say Burns wasn’t a Canes player. It took him about 10 games to get going but when he did…oh boy. 

• Pie 3

15 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

One could also say Burns wasn’t a Canes player. It took him about 10 games to get going but when he did…oh boy. 

Eh it took him nearly until the all star break to truly settle in and find his groove in the roll assigned. I just think people see Nylander’s numbers and get all hot and bothered without actually looking at his play style/work ethic. We don’t run a 2-3 offensive so look at his numbers not in that scheme to get a true gauge of how he would be offensively. Defensive isn’t even a question. I doubt the dude could man if his life depended on it.

And like I said maybe, probably, Rod could fix him. But his numbers will suffer greatly. We are not Toronto. We have two of the most different play styles in the entire league.

16 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Yeah Dougie Hamilton had his best season ever too haha.

That’s it, I’m on the phone now with Don and Rod. We’re gonna make a move to get Nylander just to piss you off. 

Would rather have Kempe. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Eh it took him nearly until the all star break to truly settle in and find his groove in the roll assigned. I just think people see Nylander’s numbers and get all hot and bothered without actually looking at his play style/work ethic. We don’t run a 2-3 offensive so look at his numbers not in that scheme to get a true gauge of how he would be offensively. Defensive isn’t even a question. I doubt the dude could man if his life depended on it.

Would rather have Kempe. 

I’ll pass that along pal.

Edited by DavidEng
  • Beer 1

19 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Anyone see Haula’s ‘Canes Suck’ bracelet? Guy has fully embraced the hate lol.

Haula’s Bracelet Is A Clear Warning For The Hurricanes

And don’t get me started on real hurricanes! Erik Haula will mess them up too. Any tropical depressions out there in the south Atlantic had better get to counseling ASAP because the Haulamonster is on the prowl and out for blood. That bracelet of his proves it.

You might think I am joking about Erik Haula’s bracelet. That it’s a silly trinket. In fact, I am saying just the opposite. When you see Erik “First Round Force To Be Reckoned With” Haula wearing a bracelet with your team’s name on it, hide the women, children, and pets because it is about to get ugly.

You’ve been warned Carolina Hurricanes. Erik Haula’s bracelet is all you need to see, because it’ll be the last thing you see if you aren’t prepared.

Lmao 🤣 🤣 🤣 

The whole thing is worth a read! I legitimately lolled more than a few times...

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1