• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Great Season Boys

4 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Yeah I am kind of concerned about Fast.  He has really been great for us and I think he would be hard to replace.  I hope he likes Carolina enough to maybe take just a smidge less than the best offer he will get.

I think Fast loves the boys here enough to stay, but that requires Waddell to open the purse strings more than just a crack. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Both of these guys will call their own shots and nobody will begrudge either of them. Staal is only 34, but he looks like a player considering retirement.

Ya think? He was the 4th overall pick in 2016 and has 7 years in the league playing like a 6th round pick.

Stastny is like Fast and Staal- he gets to make his own call. I think he may retire. Stepan will be replaced. Can't pay him any less and, believe it or not, he was making $7M+ just a few years ago.

Ghost will be back next year barring a stupid amount of money he asks for. Coghlan and DeHaan are replaceable. LaJoie has shown me little to be excited about. Rather underwhelming.

Fortunately, the 3 blue lines are signed, so adding depth isn't difficult.

You really think Ghost will be back?  What kind of contract do you think he'll command?  I don't see the Canes overpaying for him.  Overall, I wasn't impressed with him.....I thought he was our worst D-man during the playoffs, especially against Florida.

I think Puljujarvi will be re-signed, BUT only if he agrees to a reasonable contract.  I think if he is given a set role and has a full training camp with us he would be a good bottom 6 player.  He has to use his size though and lay some hits on guys.  Of course, maybe there are better options....I haven't really looked to see who is available.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

You really think Ghost will be back?  What kind of contract do you think he'll command?  I don't see the Canes overpaying for him.  Overall, I wasn't impressed with him.....I thought he was our worst D-man during the playoffs, especially against Florida.

I think Puljujarvi will be re-signed, BUT only if he agrees to a reasonable contract.  I think if he is given a set role and has a full training camp with us he would be a good bottom 6 player.  He has to use his size though and lay some hits on guys.  Of course, maybe there are better options....I haven't really looked to see who is available.

I break with @Anybodyhome on that. I don’t think we will overpay for ghost. Ghost was always using this as a stepping stone to revitalize his career. I don’t think he made any meaningful relationships in house. We’d have to get ghost on a level bridge deal and I think he’s going to get better offers elsewhere. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, DavidEng said:

When Svechnikov had surgery mid-march, it was estimated 6-9 months to heal. Taking the 9 month period,  Svech could be back early January, maybe sooner. Never know about these things though.

Not sure about the prospects of Pacioreti returning.

People assume that ACL tears are at 100% based on improvements and some outlier guys. Generally it takes almost a year if not more for most players to fully trust the knee.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

People assume that ACL tears are at 100% based on improvements and some outlier guys. Generally it takes almost a year if not more for most players to fully trust the knee.

We won’t see svech until Jan/Feb. If Rod could hold him off the ice until the playoffs I’d be even more impressed. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, lightsout said:

I think he can be salvaged. He's young, big, and could be something if he takes coaching well. If we let him go I wouldn't be mad but idk, just gut feeling about him, he could be good for us.

See that’s the same boat I’m in. 

• Pie 2