• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jordan Finalizing Sale of Team Per Woj

Black

https://deadspin.com/michael-jordan-nba-charlotte-hornets-lamelo-ball-1850550311

The quote below pretty much sums all this up.

"For whatever reason, that never materialized in Buzz City, and how much Mike’s at fault for demeaning his guys’ confidence during games of one-on-one, or re-hiring Steve Clifford, is in the eye of the ticket-holders. I’m not here to give MJ a pass for banking on Frank Kaminsky over Devin Booker, or Malik Monk in lieu of Donovan Mitchell, but I’m also not going to act like small-market franchises ever enter an offseason with leverage."

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

https://deadspin.com/michael-jordan-nba-charlotte-hornets-lamelo-ball-1850550311

The quote below pretty much sums all this up.

"For whatever reason, that never materialized in Buzz City, and how much Mike’s at fault for demeaning his guys’ confidence during games of one-on-one, or re-hiring Steve Clifford, is in the eye of the ticket-holders. I’m not here to give MJ a pass for banking on Frank Kaminsky over Devin Booker, or Malik Monk in lieu of Donovan Mitchell, but I’m also not going to act like small-market franchises ever enter an offseason with leverage."

I really hope we would hire another coach but MJ is still on board kinda. If we stuck with Cliff again... so be it but I feel it's better options still available  to push the new era forward. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 6/16/2023 at 4:41 PM, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Was Charlotte really that desperate to have an NBA franchise back just to be mediocre or a trash organization since Bobcats days? 

The way I remember it, most people here were pretty much done with the NBA after the Hornets left. 

Of course, nobody knew that city council already had a deal with the league to get another team. 

• Pie 2

On 6/17/2023 at 6:25 PM, djp14 said:

The way I remember it, most people here were pretty much done with the NBA after the Hornets left. 

Of course, nobody knew that city council already had a deal with the league to get another team. 

I think it surprised everyone when they found out  the city council already had a deal with the league to get another team.....