• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Miller's gun case

MechaZain

Some vile things being said about our #2 pick already. Please get your facts straight before just burying the man's name. Police cleared Brandon after reviewing an extensive amount of evidence including texts, his dashcam video/audio, and surveillance footage of everything.

On February 21, 2023, a Tuscaloosa police officer testified that Miller brought a firearm to teammate Darius Miles that was used in the fatal shooting of 23-year-old Jamea Jonae Harris in Tuscaloosa earlier that year. According to Miller's attorney, Miles had left the gun in Miller's vehicle after Miller dropped Miles off at a club. As Miller was on his way back to pick up Miles, Miles texted Miller, requesting that Miller bring Miles's gun. When Miller arrived, Miles told his friend Michael Davis that the gun was in the vehicle. Davis retrieved the gun and shot into a vehicle in which Harris was a passenger, while Harris's boyfriend returned fire, resulting in two bullets striking Miller's car. Miller's attorney stated that Miller had no knowledge of any intent to use the weapon. According to the Tuscaloosa police officer's testimony, while Miles and Davis initially lied to officers about the incident, Miller’s account of the shooting almost exactly matched what investigators gathered from video evidence and other witness testimony. Tuscaloosa County chief deputy district attorney Paula Whitley stated Miller faces no charges as a result of the incident.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Just because police couldn't find enough evidence to charge him with a crime doesn't mean he is INNOCENT.  

He was involved in some way.   He absolutely knew more than his attorney's statement.  

At a minimum, he has horrible judgement.  In the worst case, he knew what he was doing but police couldn't prove it and now he is making 50mil after being accessory to murder.

He deserves to have the hate thrown his way.  How many people do you know that were at the scene of a murder and shoot out?   He's a crappy person.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

5 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Just because police couldn't find enough evidence to charge him with a crime doesn't mean he is INNOCENT.  

He was involved in some way.   He absolutely knew more than his attorney's statement.  

At a minimum, he has horrible judgement.  In the worst case, he knew what he was doing but police couldn't prove it and now he is making 50mil after being accessory to murder.

He deserves to have the hate thrown his way.  How many people do you know that were at the scene of a murder and shoot out?   He's a crappy person.

Questioning his judgement because of the company he keeps is totally valid. The "fans" here comparing him to Carruth and even Miles, two guys who knowingly committed heinous acts, are extremely out of pocket.

• Pie 4

4 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Questioning his judgement because of the company he keeps is totally valid. The "fans" here comparing him to Carruth and even Miles, two guys who knowingly committed heinous acts, are extremely out of pocket.

He's not Carruth.  But he is not somebody I want to cheer for or pay to bring my kids to root on.

Combine that with them bringing back Bridges and I feel like I can't morally support this team.  I hate it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Yeah, there's a few fine lines here. 

Pushback will say he didn't do anything, shouldn't be punished, it was a teammate, he was a "DD" sure.  Fine, let's accept he's not culpable under the law, and was just at the behest of his older teammate as a DD...that doesn't mean you should take him with the #2 overall pick.  It means he shouldn't go to jail. 

The text said "Bring me my gun".  He made a bad call and has to live with it.  The Tuscaloosa PD, Sponsored by the Crimson Tide, deemed he was not an accessory.  So at this point, let's take him for his word and the PD for their investigation.  K.  Bad judgement, shady situation.  

Where I'm even more nervous is his demeanor and interviews. Personality is everything in an NBA locker room.  It's not 53 guys and 15 coaches.  We don't have any real vet leaders and a bunch of goofy kids, Bouknight's partying-to-pass-out self and potentially a legit wife beater coming back in Bridges.  I already don't trust the brothership Lamelo+Bridges have, Lamelo needs to be shown how to lead.  Miller seems introverted, very pushable, and has the personality of a wet paper bag.  He just makes me so freaking nervous being thrown into this locker room.

He's got a shot.  We've got a guy who has off ball skills from deep.  Nervous about his defense in the pros when at the 3 & his on-ball driving skills.  Rim stats were bad.   A lot to be quite hesitant about and fair that so many fans are ticked off.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

I mean he'd have to be extremely unintelligent to have some one say to him after midnight to "bring me my gun" and not think that could lead to something bad like armed robbery, suicide or murder.  So either he's a waste of skin or a moron.  Neither sounds like a good option to give millions of dollars to

• Beer 3

11 minutes ago, toldozer said:

I mean he'd have to be extremely unintelligent to have some one say to him after midnight to "bring me my gun" and not think that could lead to something bad like armed robbery, suicide or murder.  So either he's a waste of skin or a moron.  Neither sounds like a good option to give millions of dollars to

It’s the one last gift Jordan gives us.  I hope it’s not crippling but I suspect I already know the answer.   

12 minutes ago, toldozer said:

What should he have done instead? Go back home with the gun that was left in his car? Call the cops on his teammate for owning a gun?

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

What should he have done instead? Go back home with the gun that was left in his car? Call the cops on his teammate for owning a gun?

Either of these ideas (or any other one) would be a better decision that what he did.

33 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Perhaps a follow up question like I dunno,  hey man what do you need your gun for at this time of night