• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony Deangelo

9 hours ago, Harbingers said:

I think we are good. Bring Pono up until svech is back. Let bunting wing for Aho like he did for Matthews until svech is back and then drop him to 2 to allow him to become more of a threat than a feed man. 

If we need anything on offense it’s a young aggressive 4th liner to pair. I’m tired of this ‘ol man 4th line stuff we run. Marty should stay on 3 and Noesen should be QBing to youngin’s on 4. 

Mostly agree. We definitely need a 4th line enforcer - somebody like a Ryan reaves.

We still need scoring depth - another injury to someone like Aho, necas, or Svech and we are staring at the same problem next playoffs 

• Pie 1

DeBrincat is a RFA and his QO is $9M.  He is going to want a long term, large contract.  I can't see us even trading for him.  I mean there are reports that Ottawa would do a sign and trade, but Ottawa isn't going to want to retain any salary.  I suppose it's possible that a team like Arizona could get involved to retain some salary, but I just don't see it.

One of the Kings options might work out well.  We would need to trade Skjei or Pesce to do it.  That may be the best play for the Canes and another team, a straight 1:1 hockey deal. 

I am not on the Karlsson bandwagon.  He is older, injury prone, and has had 1 good season out of the last 4 or so.  No thanks.

If we are keeping everyone that we currently have I don't even see a need for TDA, although he would allow Coghlan to be sent to the AHL or wherever to play.  TDA would almost have to be our #7, but still he's expensive there even at $2.5M for the Canes.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Can he play on the wing?

I mean, ffs, this team needs forward help. Half of the D is new guys and the Canes signed Bunting to replace Pool Party, Stastny, Stepan, etc. and Svech will be shelved until January?

Waddell playing paper roster. That said it should means Pono gets a chance. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

So it’s a buyout. If he clears waivers, do the Canes get him? 

Looks like we backed out of the original trade which means we could possibly see a different trade/signing. EK? Or maybe Pesce is here to stay?

I’m really wonder if we weren’t going to get the ROI on Pesce. I don’t see how any of that would affect TDA though. The fact he’s on waivers says a whole lot… 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

35 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I’m really wonder if we weren’t going to get the ROI on Pesce. I don’t see how any of that would affect TDA though. The fact he’s on waivers says a whole lot… 

it mostly says that philly is rebuilding and they paid him way too much. his contract and the fact that it saves them more to waive him than retain in a trade is more relevant than anything. if the canes get him now, they can get him on a very cheap deal.

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, backINblack28 said:

it mostly says that philly is rebuilding and they paid him way too much. his contract and the fact that it saves them more to waive him than retain in a trade is more relevant than anything. if the canes get him now, they can get him on a very cheap deal.

Most likely a cheap deal.

TDA and his agent may think he can get more somewhere else, if they'd have him.  There's still a lot of opposition to him within the league.

I almost think if we don't sign him that it will be a big signal that we are still looking into Karlsson.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Most likely a cheap deal.

TDA and his agent may think he can get more somewhere else, if they'd have him.  There's still a lot of opposition to him within the league.

I almost think if we don't sign him that it will be a big signal that we are still looking into Karlsson.

I'm not sure I feel like he is relevant to EK or not. If we move out Pesce I think we would be looking to fit both TD and EK. I'm no big fan of TD myself, but he brings a decent role to the team and at good value is a good offensive guy on a third pairing. I look at him as a cheaper replacement for Ghost and the rest is just a different thing altogether

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1