• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Charlotte Hornets Summer League

19 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

I bet ya Scoot dominates in his debut.  25 points and looks like he belongs.  We will see Friday.  That said now that Miller is a hornet, I hope he will develop but.  As my last hurray as a scoot train guy I'm gonna take the over on scoot scoring more than Miller in summer league debut. 

I wouldn’t look too much into it. Scoot is going to be the PG so he will get way more touches. Miller’s PGs weren’t a fan of passing. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I wouldn’t look too much into it. Scoot is going to be the PG so he will get way more touches. Miller’s PGs weren’t a fan of passing. 

I've been on the Scoot train but Miller really did surprise me in his summer league debut. He was pretty awful in the first quarter but quickly turned it around. He is surprisingly very smooth with the ball and he can play defense. As much as I wanted Scoot, Miller probably is the better choice since we already have Lamelo. 

Don't think he will score more than 18. I guess it depends where they play him though. 

Edited by Cam Lawter
  • Pie 2

I'm not worried about Miller after one summer league game. The talent is there. But looking at some of the other  performances the Hornets clearly still have a knack for putting players on the court that look like they don't even belong in the sport.

• Pie 4

12 minutes ago, Cam Lawter said:

I've been on the Scoot train but Miller really did surprise me in his summer league debut. He was pretty awful in the first quarter but quickly turned it around. He is surprisingly very smooth with the ball and he can play defense. As much as I wanted Scoot, Miller probably is the better choice since we already have Lamelo. 

Don't think he will score more than 18. I guess it depends where they play him though. 

Miller has always been smooth. It's why people think he's nothing special. Nothing stands out because he plays the game under control. He does look like Paul George the more I watch him. 

1 minute ago, App Panther said:

Another lackluster start for Miller. 4 Fouls and 3 TOs in the 1st quarter and no points. I'm sure he will pad the box score when the game is out of hand though. 

Pad the box score in a summer league game? Lol. These guys are playing for spots they don’t care what the score is or what quarter it is. 

• Pie 1