• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Karl Hates Burns and Carolina

Yeah that’s BS.

Even Pittsburgh fans will tell you that Madden is full of poo. He’s just a reject wrestling (the fake kind) commentator that talks out his ass to the very few people that listen to his sports talk show.

If EK doesn’t want to come to Carolina then it would have come out from other sources. But in fact, it’s come out that he’s okay with Carolina or Pittsburgh. He also has a NTC, so we’d definitely know by now if Carolina was on it.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

18-20 range here in a normal game. 

On a good night, maybe. Slavin and Burns are so good together and you know what kind of minutes those 2 put up, I'd be surprised if the defensive liability of Karlsson allows him to play more than 16 a game.

And then, how do you justify that AAV for less than 20 minutes per game? Simple answer: you don't and can't.

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 1

All of this is well and good, but I'd rather Karlsson sign with Pittsburgh. The Pens are getting older by the minute, are cap-strapped and on the downward side of their peak.

Pittsburgh signing EK would allow the Canes to do what they haven't done while all this plays out- sign TDA, trade Pesce, sign a winger and get the Aho extension (and maybe another player like Chatty, Skjei or Necas) done.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, DavidEng said:

I will be soooo glad when I hear Karlsson went somewhere else and this crazy talk can stop haha.

And trade Pesce and bring on TDA just no, unless we get a great forward in return.

Trading Pesce is for the purpose of bringing on a winger since it appears an extension is not in the cards and he's a UFA after the season.. Orlov is on the roster.

TDA is not Pesce's replacement.

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 2

I was thinking along the lines of Pesce and perhaps another and bringing in Karlsson to play RD. Not what I would want to see

Orlov plays LD so unless he’s good at either side not sure he would be put on RD as a Pesce replacement.

DeAngelo does play RD as well so yeah you could play him there if Pesce was traded for a forward.

• Pie 1

I feel like Tevo and Pesce traded would probably open up enough capspace for a good enough forward, since Tevo is being paid like $5 million and scored like 12 goals and that price per output is a bit ridiculous, and he might have actually asked for more and an extension this offseason?

If he was injured, I can understand that.  But I wonder why it is that Pesce and Tevo are both close to UFA's and no extensions yet.  It makes you wonder?  Is there still trade-ability left in Carolina?  Is there a surprise move they're still hiding before the end of the Offseason?  Or are they going to sell off someone for capspace and settle?

It is going to depend on the market, we've suddenly been sent to the back of the list I feel like, with the lack of cap available.  But packaging Pesce and Tevo in a trade for someone like Nylander makes sense to me.

• Beer 1