• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

USWNT

toldozer

This team never functioned well together. Wheher it was coaching or something else, but they never gelled and looked like a cohesive unit. 

Prior to the Sweden loss I never thought they were a serious contender to three-peat, based on how they played in the earlier matches. This loss does not surprise me.

27 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

This team never functioned well together. Wheher it was coaching or something else, but they never gelled and looked like a cohesive unit. 

Prior to the Sweden loss I never thought they were a serious contender to three-peat, based on how they played in the earlier matches. This loss does not surprise me.

I really think most of the team was not happy Rapinoe was gifted a spot on the team Much less getting playing time. She came in and took every set piece even though she has jelly for legs, effectively nullifying all of them. She blew two chances to put the ball on frame then I knew she was going to air mail the pk because the only way she was going to get enough power was to airmail it. She was great 4 and 8 years ago but her presence on this team was a joke and I think all the other players knew it

Edited by toldozer

I sort of think the real answer to "why did USA lose" is that for ages we were THE team not because we were better, but because we were more liberated in our country. Other countries laughed at their girls saying they wanted to play a man's game for real. Now, it's 2023. Only a handful of countries are left that still force females into roles. That allows girls to now play at a high level a game their father, grandpa, and great grandpa have been living their life for and a game they too have been playing (just not for keeps). The rest of the world has always been on par with USA ... we just didn't know it. They live soccer in their countires. We live for NBA and NFL and our teenss live for social media likes.

4 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I sort of think the real answer to "why did USA lose" is that for ages we were THE team not because we were better, but because we were more liberated in our country. Other countries laughed at their girls saying they wanted to play a man's game for real. Now, it's 2023. Only a handful of countries are left that still force females into roles. That allows girls to now play at a high level a game their father, grandpa, and great grandpa have been living their life for and a game they too have been playing (just not for keeps). The rest of the world has always been on par with USA ... we just didn't know it. They live soccer in their countires. We live for NBA and NFL and our teenss live for social media likes.

If the Saudis keep it up parents are going to start pushing their kids to soccer. Mark it down 

2 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

This. Rest of the world finally caught up but your average USWNT fan wouldn’t know since they see them as gods. Meanwhile, our women’s team has been rolling out aging players based on history rather than let younger talent develop and take on more roles. It’s basically a repeat of the USMNT in 2018, just on a higher stage since the downfall came in the World Cup

1 hour ago, MtnJax said:

This. Rest of the world finally caught up but your average USWNT fan wouldn’t know since they see them as gods. Meanwhile, our women’s team has been rolling out aging players based on history rather than let younger talent develop and take on more roles. It’s basically a repeat of the USMNT in 2018, just on a higher stage since the downfall came in the World Cup

Im going to disagree that the rest of the world has caught up. We have up 2 shots on target in 4 fuging games.  We lost because our forwards were ass and our midfield has no attacking creativity.  The world hasn't caught up our talent has come way down. 2015 team would have mopped the floor with this bunch 10-0

Everyone could see this coming and they were clear underdogs vs Sweden with the way they were playing.  Young team in a transition period and the rest of the world has gotten way better than in the past.  It’s going to take some time but the old dominance could be over for the US.

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Everyone could see this coming and they were clear underdogs vs Sweden with the way they were playing.  Young team in a transition period and the rest of the world has gotten way better than in the past.  It’s going to take some time but the old dominance could be over for the US.

They weren't the underdog and they in fact dominated possession and the game.  Sweden had 0 dangerous chances.  Our offense is just complete ass

36 minutes ago, toldozer said:

They weren't the underdog and they in fact dominated possession and the game.  Sweden had 0 dangerous chances.  Our offense is just complete ass

No they didn’t 42 to 58 isn’t dominant possession.  Sweden had 9 shots on goal but they clearly came out with a defensive mindset which worked like a charm

18 minutes ago, Shocker said:

No they didn’t 42 to 58 isn’t dominant possession.  Sweden had 9 shots on goal but they clearly came out with a defensive mindset which worked like a charm

Nine shots, one of them was on target.  Did you watch the game? 

23 hours ago, toldozer said:

Nine shots, one of them was on target.  Did you watch the game? 

Yeah, but moving the topic I am ready for Rapinoe to retire from this team.  Her final World Cup was a disaster and the manager was way to confident in her at the end.  There were options on the bench that made much better sense if not just leaving Morgan in there.  

On paper the US had plenty of talent up front but the mids never really connected with them.  Rodman and Smith need to work on passing and team cohesion because there is a ton of maturing needed there IMO

Edited by Shocker