• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All Your Defensemen Belong To Us - Canes Sign Caleb Jones

MillionDollarCam

There has to be a trade coming, there just has to be.

Assuming Coghlan gets waived, would you rather have:

Slavin - Burns

Orlov - Pesce

Chatfield - TDA

Jones

OR

Slavin - Burns

Orlov - Chatfield

Skjei - TDA

Jones

This is a hypothetical assuming one of Skjei or Pesce gets traded for a top six forward.

Personally, I’d probably trade Skjei because his value is at an all-time high. I’m not sure if he can replicate last season again.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

11 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

There has to be a trade coming, there just has to be.

Assuming Coghlan gets waived, would you rather have:

Slavin - Burns

Orlov - Pesce

Chatfield - TDA

Jones

OR

Slavin - Burns

Orlov - Chatfield

Skjei - TDA

Jones

This is a hypothetical assuming one of Skjei or Pesce gets traded for a top six forward.

Personally, I’d probably trade Skjei because his value is at an all-time high. I’m not sure if he can replicate last season again.

Lindholm - Nylander - maybe even Scheifele?

• Pie 1

GMDW knows where Pesce's camp stands. 

I think he's talked to Skjei and his agent as well.  Really haven't heard much about this, but since Skjei was already making more than Pesce I would guess he's looking for a nice raise and term too.

At the end of the day after this move I think Pesce gets moved along with Coghlan and maybe a draft pick/prospect for maybe Nylander or Lindholm?  I'd hate to make Toronto's D stronger, but Nylander can score.  My preference would be Lindholm for two reasons:  RBA and him know each other and it sends Pesce West.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

GMDW knows where Pesce's camp stands. 

I think he's talked to Skjei and his agent as well.  Really haven't heard much about this, but since Skjei was already making more than Pesce I would guess he's looking for a nice raise and term too.

At the end of the day after this move I think Pesce gets moved along with Coghlan and maybe a draft pick/prospect for maybe Nylander or Lindholm?  I'd hate to make Toronto's D stronger, but Nylander can score.  My preference would be Lindholm for two reasons:  RBA and him know each other and it sends Pesce West.

Stop it with the Nylander talk ffs. The dude isn’t a Rod system guy and there is far far better players out there we could go for with either Pesce or Skjei. 

Edited by Harbingers

Moving Skjei right now is a mistake. The team is overloaded with right-handed defensemen and Skjei is but one of the 3 true lefties on the roster. Sure, Caleb Jones claims to have left and right experience like Chatty, but both of them combined from the left side aren't scoring more than Skjei from the blue line, so it's a loss no matter how you look at it.

Think of it this way- if Slavin, Orlov or Skjei go down with an injury, their replacement is Caleb Jones. Really?

• Pie 2

17 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Stop it with the Nylander talk ffs. The dude isn’t a Rod system guy and there is far far better players out there we could go for with either Pesce or Skjei. 

who would have thought TDA would mesh with Rod's system? Not my first choice but if we get Nylander I'm sure it's an upgrade for us. Rod will work his magic.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, organicrusty1201 said:

who would have thought TDA would mesh with Rod's system? Not my first choice but if we get Nylander I'm sure it's an upgrade for us. Rod will work his magic.

TDA had a lot of personal issues/problems. That’s something not only rod can work on but Slavin, Martinook, Staal, etc.

Nylander is just not a two way player, is lazy and avoids contact on the forecheck. Those are not traits that are going to fly under rod. As I’ve posted before there are 2+ playoff videos where he gave up the puck on a rush forecheck to avoid contact. That’s a reoccurring theme.

Maybe Rod can fix that, but why expend the resources, Nylanders stats will come down in a by committee team, and if he can’t provide two way and forecheck we don’t need him. 

And as I’ve said before we don’t need a regular season forward. We need a playoff scorer. There is a big difference, Nylander is not the second, at least what he’s shown before. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1