• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saturday games

Jackie Lee

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I get we wanted to see something, but people are getting ready to write off the season of this one preseason game. The biggest issue yesterday was the OL playing like poo. Well we literally have the same starters and OL coach as last year who have shown us they are a solid unit. That part logically should get corrected and play better during the regular season. 

That’s the hope. I was telling my family that I’m chalking it up to a lot of guys looking like they just didn’t want to be out there. The feels like temp was damn near 100 degrees and the turf makes it 10-15 degrees hotter.

• Pie 1

Guys in here laying it on a little thick trying to polish up that turd from yesterday. Chiefs fans obviously know it's only preseason. They've got the track record and hardware the last several years in the regular/post season to back it up. Whereas the Panthers...well... we know.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

That’s the hope. I was telling my family that I’m chalking it up to a lot of guys looking like they just didn’t want to be out there. The feels like temp was damn near 100 degrees and the turf makes it 10-15 degrees hotter.

I could see that. I’m just not overly concerned about our OL judging by the players and coach. They are already proven in this league. Sure they could be rusty, or overheated, or running some vanillla offense but they should be fine throughout the regular season. The main issue to me is we weren’t able to make good judgements on new players/depth players on offense because the OL poo the bed.

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

Guys in here laying it on a little thick trying to polish up that turd from yesterday. Chiefs fans obviously know it's only preseason. They've got the track record and hardware the last several years in the regular/post season to back it up. Whereas the Panthers...well... we know.

The whole point is the first preseason game doesn’t dictate the whole season. The Super Bowl favorites starters were just outmatched and no one cares nor should they. If it’s a continued theme over the next few preseason games then yeah that could be a red flag. 

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I could see that. I’m just not overly concerned about our OL judging by the players and coach. They are already proven in this league. Sure they could be rusty, or overheated, or running some vanillla offense but they should be fine throughout the regular season. The main issue to me is we weren’t able to make good judgements on new players/depth players on offense because the OL poo the bed.

I’m confident we are a good team this year. Just sucks we saw basically nothing to validate that. 

• Pie 2