• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saturday games

Jackie Lee

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He's a poor mans Cam at best. I don't think he will ever be as good as prime Cam. 

Not nearly the runner Cam was even though he's faster. Cam had actual rb skills. AR seems more of a straight line runner.

Yeah, he'll probably never be as good as Cam but I think he can still be really damn good. He's boom or bust IMO. He'll either be damn good or won't sign a second contract.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

If they actually give him an OL and some weapons his potential is insanely high, just like Cam’s was. Carolina let Cam down…

And that's why I say he is a poor mans Cam at best.

Difference is Cam didn't need much around him. He led a average supporting cast to the SB. Having a great defense also helped. 

AR is going to need pieces around him to be successful.

11 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Fields stat sheet shows over 120 yards and 2 tds…on two passes with a total of like 3 air yards.  Great blocking on both plays 

They’re about to have a good year they look primed and ready. It was only a screen beautifully executed one but not the reading the field slicing em up performance but the stats look amazing and that’s excellent production.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wouldn't call Richardson struggling. So far so good I'd say. He looks like he belongs. That's what you're looking for in a first preseason game for a raw athletic prospect. Stroud's INT was awful but he played so little I don't know what to make of that. Levis looks as expected IMO. I just don't think he's an NFL QB.

39.2 rating.  That’s not good

4 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

They’re about to have a good year they look primed and ready. It was only a screen beautifully executed one but not the reading the field slicing em up performance but the stats look amazing and that’s excellent production.

Yeah.  The throw on the DJ Moore screen was awful.  DJ bailed him out big time, which he is used to doing.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He is a rookie in his first action. He started off with a bad INT, but as settled down quite a bit. He also has a dropped TD pass. Watching the game he has played decent vs what the stats are showing. 

Bingo.

Gotta remember, Cam had a 42% completion percentage in his first preseason. Then started off his career with back to back 400 yard games. I don't care about the results in preseason. I care about how the guy looks. Does he look like he belongs? Richardson looks like he belongs. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Is it still the starters?

I just tuned in and saw the td pass from Fields to Herbert. If he is a smidge slower he gets nailed here by two defenders. Then once Herbert catches the pass he has one of his offensive lineman out of bounds, another on the ground and EQS at WR is just running behind a secondary player with his hand on his back. I know its preseason but this was rough to watch despite it turning out well. 1739531609_Screenshot2023-08-12at2_18_16PM.thumb.png.4d86ddf1e8f06cdcb92006b1734531f2.png

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Varking said:

I just tuned in and saw the td pass from Fields to Herbert. If he is a smidge slower he gets nailed here by two defenders. Then once Herbert catches the pass he has one of his offensive lineman out of bounds, another on the ground and EQS at WR is just running behind a secondary player with his hand on his back. I know its preseason but this was rough to watch despite it turning out well. 1739531609_Screenshot2023-08-12at2_18_16PM.thumb.png.4d86ddf1e8f06cdcb92006b1734531f2.png

Yeah that’s not good….