• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Playoffs or bust

NAS

9 hours ago, DIO84 said:

Yep, if they don't start 3-0, fire him. 

I thought this was a joke at first, but no, it's real.  And by the way, you can count on an extremely slow start.  So get your "fire Reich" signs and whatever bs you have ready.

"Ve haf viele dumbkopf en here"

2035351613_mqdefault3.jpg.1bd5c820520204b68886a98eb0a8a184.jpg

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, NAS said:

Haha some of you may be ok with giving the Bears a top 10 pick next year but I'm not.  This fanbase loves mediocrity lol

From starter to starter across the board this is the best team we have fielded in some time. There’s no reason we should be handing any top 10 pick to the Bears this season. We should be beyond competitive. The line will be fine come regular season and Bryce will be settled in by then. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Varking said:

From starter to starter across the board this is the best team we have fielded in some time.  

Not sure about that.   On paper, Ron's teams were better.  so you are really only looking at the Rhule era.  And I guess it depends on how weight you put in legit studs like CMC, DJ Moore, etc.  This team is stud less at the moment on O.

We have a much better staff than the Rhule era. 

21 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

And, we looked good against the Jets in the head to head practice BTW. People basically take 1 quarter of the first preseason game and decide we need to fire Reich. I’m exaggerating, but not by much. 

“Fire Reich” and “We should have hired Wilks” are the most common ones I saw. 
Like Wilks would have done any better on Saturday. 

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

Not sure about that.   On paper, Ron's teams were better.  so you are really only looking at the Rhule era.  And I guess it depends on how weight you put in legit studs like CMC, DJ Moore, etc.  This team is stud less at the moment on O.

We have a much better staff than the Rhule era. 

We are missing the top end studs like CMC and DJ sure but we typically are missing a #2 WR and pass catching tight end and offensive line and we have all those. So while the top might be not as great, the middle is significantly higher in my eyes. And with Bryce instead of PJ, Sam, Baker, Kyle, etc, we should look better offensively than we do. And with all that coaching experience? To me, this is the best we’ve been talent wise in some time. 

11 hours ago, methodtoll said:

Here's something to think about for all of you doom and gloomers out there:

2022 Preseason Recap

27-11 L against Raiders

24-13 L against Browns 

16-15 L against Steelers

28-12 L against Falcons

That was the scores of the Jacksonville Jaguars... Who went on to the playoffs and barely missed being in the AFC title game. 

Oh... And who coaches that team? Doug Pederson.... Whom Frank Reich worked under in Philly.

Just saying, take Preseason with a grain of salt. It's more about evaluating than it is winning. Yeah, the offensive line struggling is concerning but we are in transition of two new schemes on both sides of the ball so there will be growing pains.... Give them time and be patient. 

Nah man we are expected to win every preseason and and look like contenders doing it. 3-0 baby! /s

On 8/13/2023 at 11:28 AM, NAS said:

And we have the NFL’s most expensive and experienced coaching staff. Time to earn their keep and get the most out of this roster.  In the weak NFC it’s a reasonable expectation. Wilks did more with less

How did Wilks do more with less when the season hasn’t even started yet to compare? Also, Wilks only won when the pressure was off. People need to let the Wilks fantasy go 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

How did Wilks do more with less when the season hasn’t even started yet to compare? Also, Wilks only won when the pressure was off. People need to let the Wilks fantasy go 

we're talking about expectations, try to keep up.  If you expect this coaching staff to win 7 games like Wilks/Rhule with lesser talent and better coaching staff, then I don't know what to tell you.

21 minutes ago, NAS said:

we're talking about expectations, try to keep up.  If you expect this coaching staff to win 7 games like Wilks/Rhule with lesser talent and better coaching staff, then I don't know what to tell you.

Wilks didn’t look good after yesterday’s preseason game if we are judging the whole season by one meaningless game. Also how did Wilks do as HC for the Cards? 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

42 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

49ers, who have been penned in as the NFC champs already, only scored 7. i guess they need to blow it up and start over. maybe we can get CMC back cheap in their fire sale.

they sat virtually all their starters

if just Matt Corral and backups got smacked by the Jets, no one would care.