• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I know it’s preseason…

Panthers Fan 69

2 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

But god bless it our Playcalling is bad. Please, these shotgun draws don’t work. 

Preseason playcalling is primarily about evaluation.

56 minutes ago, lightsout said:

Y'all are expecting game planning, intensity and a desire to win in a preseason game? Ok maybe some intensity at positions with battles going on, but it's fuging preseason. Y'all need to chill.

Yep.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Imma just be real.

Tepper is the problem. This franchise has gone downhill since he took over.

He sucks at picking coaches. Frank is a good guy, but man he's hard to watch on the sideline. Just like Rhule no emotion just going through the motions. Players on the sideline joking while getting their butt kicked.

Players doesn't seem to care. HC sets the tone for the entire team. We just look bad on both sides of the ball.

He isn’t Rhule. 

He is Fox/Rivera but with less fire/motivation behind closed doors. 

23 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

Some of the best HOF HC shows no emotions on the sidelines like Bill Walsh and Tom Landry while some of the worst acts like maniacs like Dennis Green. Reich is a respected HC in the NFL compared to Rhule and knows how to win.

Imagine putting Frank Reich in the same conversation as Bill Walsh and Tom Landry.

Only on the huddle.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Preseason playcalling is primarily about evaluation.

2 hours ago, lightsout said:

Y'all are expecting game planning, intensity and a desire to win in a preseason game? Ok maybe some intensity at positions with battles going on, but it's fuging preseason. Y'all need to chill.

Yep.

I agree on the play calling and planning. I might not agree that we shouldn’t be doing a bit more since everyone is so new. Personally, I think worrying so much about people seeing your plays shouldn’t overshadow making sure your rookie QB and brand new TE/WR starters are in sync in live game action.

I will very much disagree with the lack of intensity and trying to win. Go ask Frank Reich if he’s OK with the players on the field not trying or going half speed.

There was an interview on the pre-game show on 99.7 interviewing Reich about the great coaches he’s worked/played under and one of them he said had a saying that you should do ordinary things in an extraordinary way. That tells me he believes in running some vanilla plays but he expects the players on the field to execute it well. I doubt Reich cares if we won today but he sure as poo cares when we don’t execute a play well.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Imagine putting Frank Reich in the same conversation as Bill Walsh and Tom Landry.

Only on the huddle.

Is there some other way you would like it demonstrated that lack of emotion on the sidelines is not a good indicator of bad coaching? It’s called an example.

10 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Is there some other way you would like it demonstrated that lack of emotion on the sidelines is not a good indicator of bad coaching? It’s called an example.

You're wasting your time.

Everything he knows about football would fit on a Post-It note...and you'd still have room for a grocery list.

To give you an example, he was explaining elsewhere how he believes the starters should play a full game in preseason 3.

Luckily I just don’t care like I used to. 5-6 years ago and before that if the team lost it would make me cranky the rest of the day. Now I simply don’t give an F if they win / lose. Sometimes I don’t even tune in. It’s quite liberating actually to watch a game and not get upset or to even skip it  

(probably from the trauma of being a panther fan since Cam got hurt) 

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

You're wasting your time.

Everything he knows about football would fit on a Post-It note...and you'd still have room for a grocery list.

To give you an example, he was explaining elsewhere how he believes the starters should play a full game in preseason 3.

I know it’s the last preseason game, but Young probably needs to play several more series. He needs the reps. I’m surprised he didn’t play the whole first half yesterday honestly. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Now imagine writing him off before preseason is over.

Only on the huddle. 

I mean people can only react to what they have seen. This team simply doesn't look good right now.

When a HC is showing no emotion on the sideline it makes it look worse. Like do something get your team attention. Oline didn't look like it improved. What's going on in these meetings.

If we start winning games I'm going to be the biggest Frank fan on this board. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I mean people can only react to what they have seen. This team simply doesn't look good right now.

When a HC is showing no emotion on the sideline it makes it look worse. Like do something get your team attention. Oline didn't look like it improved. What's going on in these meetings.

Just wait until the regular season when we use our starters and open up the playbook. I have no reason to write off any coach after a couple preseason games. 

If you thought Reich was going to be emotional on the sidelines you had him wrong from the beginning. Caldwell is an offensive advisor and he was always calm as well. Behind closed doors I’m sure he addresses the issues appropriately or lets his staff handle it. Campen isn’t afraid to the the OL know he expects better.

Icky misread an assignment and I understand it was bad in limited playing time. Overall the OL depth played much better than last week. 

Edited by ForJimmy
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This. Reminds me too much of stoic Ron

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

This. Reminds me too much of stoic Ron

Ron at least was Jekyll and Hyde.  He had a different demeanor when not on the sideline.  The book on Frank is the sideline guy appears elsewhere too often too.