• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time to go shopping....WR

Jmac

41 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

This team is in a rebuild,  but they are still trying to win. Its that some of us know the it's going to be difficult to win after purging the offense of 7 starters and 5 on the defense while trying to build chemistry and learn a new system in the 1st couple of months in the offseason.  It's common sense that they will not have an easy road the 1st season. But yet here we are demanding playoffs or heads on a platter if the don't.

Lost 7 on Offense?? Freeman, DJ, Darnold (good riddance). Are we counting Chosen, CMC, Mayfield, PJ?

BTW, i 100% agree with your assessment that we can rebuild and try to win at the same time. They are not mutually exclusive.

Edited by shaqattaq

10 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Lost 7 on Offense?? Freeman, DJ, Darnold (good riddance). Are we counting Chosen, CMC, Mayfield, PJ?

BTW, i 100% agree with your assessment that we can rebuild and try to win at the same time. They are not mutually exclusive.

We traded away our far away our 2 best offensive players on offense for draft picks.  We are creating a brand new identity.    New scheme.  New coaches.  New players. And those new players that were signed via free agency are short term temps types.  That's Theilen.  That's Chark.  That's Hurst.  That's Sanders. 

Bryce Young and Mingo are the only 2 we are hoping to be long term fixatures here.  That we build around.  In our brand new offense.  With our brand new coaches.  On our new team.   

1 hour ago, CRA said:

and trade away your 2 best offensive players for draft picks. 

To be fair those players weren't helping us win games. So the point is kind of moot.

QB has been the #1 reason why we have sucked in the Tepper era.

Im banking on Bryce turning that around or at least I hope he does. If not Tepper has set us back even more as a franchise.

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

To be fair those players weren't helping us win games. So the point is kind of moot.

QB has been the #1 reason why we have sucked in the Tepper era.

Im banking on Bryce turning that around or at least I hope he does. If not Tepper has set us back even more as a franchise.

So they are rebuilding the roster..

Just now, csx said:

So they are rebuilding the roster..

Let it go bro. We just don't agree.

We already got a replacement at rb with Miles Sanders who was the starting rb for a SB team. 

How are we rebuilding when everybody before preseason where saying we had an above average Oline.

Only thing we lacking on offense is a legit #1 WR. They drafted Mingo to help fill that void. Defense is legit.

Where is the rebuild at?

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Let it go bro. We just don't agree.

We already got a replacement at rb with Miles Sanders who was the starting rb for a SB team. 

How are we rebuilding when everybody before preseason where saying we had an above average Oline.

Only thing we lacking on offense is a legit #1 WR. They drafted Mingo to help fill that void. Defense is legit.

Where is the rebuild at?

Aging mlb, no linebacker depth to speak of, absolutely no corner depth and absolutely no pass rush depth.

Couple all that with a thin injury prone wideout room and little to no oline depth and a rookie qb and my bro that is the epitome of a rebuild

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Aging mlb, no linebacker depth to speak of, absolutely no corner depth and absolutely no pass rush depth.

Couple all that with a thin injury prone wideout room and little to no oline depth and a rookie qb and my bro that is the epitome of a rebuild

You must be fun at parties.

Pass rush will be fine when our 2 best pass rushers are actually playing. Those guys are backups for a reason. The defense depth for most teams are not very good. Show me a defense with great backup depth besides the Eagles?

Your excuse seems to be we have no depth on both sides of the ball. My question is why are you so concerned with backups and not the players who will actually be on the field?

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

You must be fun at parties.

Pass rush will be fine when our 2 best pass rushers are actually playing. Those guys are backups for a reason. The defense depth for most teams are not very good. Show me a defense with great backup depth besides the Eagles?

Your excuse seems to be we have no depth on both sides of the ball. My question is why are you so concerned with backups and not the players who will actually be on the field?

Its the nfl and injuries happen as we are already seeing.  And if you are counting on a 34 year old part time pass rusher to be your 2nd best then that kindof proves my point.

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Its the nfl and injuries happen as we are already seeing.  And if you are counting on a 34 year old part time pass rusher to be your 2nd best then that kindof proves my point.

It doesn't prove anything.

You still can't name me a team on defense with great depth besides the Eagles and even their DB depth is questionable.

Just now, csx said:

Depth is great but how many teams are deep enough not to suffer when they lose starters?

Pretty much every team that misses the playoffs. There's very few teams that have enough real nfl starters, let alone backups, to make the playoffs regularly.  Most teams that go all in to make the SB can't buy enough talent to do it more than one time.  After that they are right back to where they started before going all in.