• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football 2023

jayboogieman

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Re: South Carolina

That clip of him berating one of his HS WR teammates he just came across as the cockiest arrogant dickhead imaginable. I hope he's grown from that. Maybe the experience of getting benched at OU and having to transfer to SCar and not exactly setting the world on fire there has brought with it a dose of humility.

The UNC disrespect is getting out of hand. How is the 2nd best QB in college football on the 21st ranked team in the country.

Clearly the NCAA doesn't want UNC anywhere near a Nat'l championship playoffs.smh

This is punishment from the NCAA for Drake Maye not transferring to a bigger program in the SEC.

20 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The UNC disrespect is getting out of hand. How is the 2nd best QB in college football on the 21st ranked team in the country.

Because the "2nd best QB in college football" was paired up w/ the 116th ranked D last year.    

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Duke ain't got the bodies to upset Clemson.  

and all joking/hate aside, despite having the best QB which usually determines my picks in college.....I think SC finds a way to win an ugly game.  Unless, UNC just has a vastly improved D I don't know about. 

They do ( Duke ) return 18 starters off a 9-4 team

If they win, it’s still a huge upset should the win. 

40 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Clearly the NCAA doesn't want UNC anywhere near a Nat'l championship playoffs.smh

This is punishment from the NCAA for Drake Maye not transferring to a bigger program in the SEC.

The NCAA doesn't make the rankings. The AP does.

23 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

They do ( Duke ) return 18 starters off a 9-4 team

If they win, it’s still a huge upset should the win. 

Duke went 5-3 in the ACC last year.  Clemson went 8-0 with despite the worst QB play in the conference.   I'd argue worst in all the power 5. So there is a pretty massive roster difference going on at the schools IMO. 

Clemson did have some of their defensive front go to the NFL but they still are bringing what should be one of the top defensive front 7s in the nation to the table.   And you got to assume the Clemson O will be significantly more dangerous this year.   Cade is just flat out better than DJ and Clemson had the best offensive hire in all of college football IMO this offseason.

46 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Our defense was atrocious last year and the loss of Josh Downs at WR is pretty significant.

Put Maye on USC and there's no debate over who's the best QB in college football.

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Our defense was atrocious last year and the loss of Josh Downs at WR is pretty significant.

Put Maye on USC and there's no debate over who's the best QB in college football.

Put Caleb on UNC and there is no debate we win the ACC.

Caleb has proven he can play great in 2 conferences already.

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Caleb defense isn't much better.

That's probably true.  But no one has ever played defense out that way.  Fair or unfair, when people are doing their rankings, they to an extent are doing predictions too IMO. 

I mean, if you asked me who I thought would win the PAC 12? I'd probably answer USC is most likely. 

If you ask me who is going to win the ACC? I'd have UNC behind Clemson and Florida St in terms of most likely. 

So if that is true for people? How high can you rank the team you think has the 3rd best odds in the ACC? 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

That's probably true.  But no one has ever played defense out that way.  Fair or unfair, when people are doing their rankings, they to an extent are doing predictions too IMO. 

I mean, if you asked me who I thought would win the PAC 12? I'd probably answer USC is most likely. 

If you ask me who is going to win the ACC? I'd have UNC behind Clemson and Florida St in terms of most likely. 

So if that is true for people? How high can you rank the team you think has the 3rd best odds in the ACC? 

I'm not expecting us to be the favorites in the ACC, but I do expect us to be in the conversation for the ACC Championship.

Our defense sucks, but if Maye is truly the best QB in college football I'm expecting him to win us some games we aren't expected to win. Great QBs can overcome a lack of a good defense. We should have one of the best offenses in the ACC this year just because of Maye at QB.

The one thing I do respect about Maye is his loyalty. Most thought he would leave for a bigger program. He's Carolina through n through.

34 minutes ago, CRA said:

Duke went 5-3 in the ACC last year.  Clemson went 8-0 with despite the worst QB play in the conference.   I'd argue worst in all the power 5. So there is a pretty massive roster difference going on at the schools IMO. 

Clemson did have some of their defensive front go to the NFL but they still are bringing what should be one of the top defensive front 7s to the table.   And you got to assume the Clemson O will be significantly more dangerous this year.   Cade is just flat out better than DJ and Clemson had the best offensives hire in all of college football.   

Clemson's backups could probably win the conference. It just is what it is. In terms of overall roster talent they're just a lot better than everyone else.