• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers and Brian Burns not at all close to extension

TheSpecialJuan

8 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Imagine blaming your best player for losing this game.

You Burns haters need help literally.

I hope they trade the guy he's the only elite player on the roster but the team is just bad. Trade him to a team who can use him and actually win games.

Maybe we can get our future picks back.

Who blamed him for losing? Just saying he didn't stand out when it mattered most. Not all stats are created equal, and it would be less of a point if it wasn't a 4+ season phenomenon.

Edited by KSpan

8 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Who blamed him for losing? Just saying he didn't stand out when it mattered most. Not all stats are created equal, and it would be less of a point if it wasn't a 4+ season phenomenon.

Of all the things in this game you chose to talk about the best player in the game for us.

Cmon bro you look like a hater when you do stupid crap like that. Burns was not the problem. Offense turned the ball over 3 times. How about place the blame on them?

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Of all the things in this game you chose to talk about the best player in the game for us.

Cmon bro you look like a hater when you do stupid crap like that. Burns was not the problem. Offense turned the ball over 3 times. How about place the blame on them?

That's what happens when someone wants to be top-paid. It's not hating, it's simply a high standard - big money requires big performance and gets big scrutiny. 

I have nothing more to say here. The reality is that unless he improves he is the type of player that will either be surrounded other stars and benefit or else will ultimately hamstring a team by not making true impact plays when it counts most while eating a lot of cap. It is what it is and today was that exact situation, a repeat of the past 4 seasons. This game was not out of reach and he vanished/got bowled over in the second half when a play was needed.

I hope he takes that step but today wasn't it. Let's see what happens next week.

2 minutes ago, KSpan said:

That's what happens when someone wants to be top-paid. It's not hating, it's simply a high standard - big money requires big performance and gets big scrutiny. 

I have nothing more to say here. The reality is that unless he improves he is the type of player that will either be surrounded other stars and benefit or else will ultimately hamstring a team by not making true impact plays when it counts most while eating a lot of cap. It is what it is and today was that exact situation, a repeat of the past 4 seasons. This game was not out of reach and he vanished/got bowled over in the second half when a play was needed.

I hope he takes that step but today wasn't it. Let's see what happens next week.

Burns is the best player on the team. Take that however you want my man.

Some of you guys are going to drive yourself crazy focused on Burns and his contract. I never seen anything like this. Adults bickering about another man's worth.smh

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Burns is the best player on the team. Take that however you want my man.

Some of you guys are going to drive yourself crazy focused on Burns and his contract. I never seen anything like this. Adults bickering about another man's worth.smh

Burns being the best player on the team says as much, if not more, about the rest of the team then it does him. And you just keep right on going, so feel free to keep smh-ing at yourself as well.

Edited by KSpan
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

Burns being the best player on the team says as much, if not more, about the rest of the team then it does him. And you just keep right on going, so feel free to keep smh-ing at yourself as well.

No hard feelings friend. 

We both want the Panthers to be better. I understand the frustrations after a game I just think it's weird to focus on Burns and his contract that's all.

Either way I hope they do something soon. If we don't want to pay him then trade him to a team and get us some weapons on offense. 

• Beer 1