• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big fan of Burns but...

NAS

19 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Your first mistake is comparing a NFL star player salary to your average person salary. Different money and Burns is losing a lot more money than you would at a normal job.

Generational worth is what Burns is risking. 14 mil is not a lot of money when you consider his expenses. There is a reason star athletes live much different than you and I.

Yes, and it is their choice to live that way.

They could limit themselves to even as if they made 200k a year salary and live a very nice and comfortable life, and if smart with how you invest, that would probably end up being generational wealth as well.  

My point is just that using the "need to feed my family" argument when you're talking about someone who has already earned that kind of money is ridiculous.  A small fraction of what he's made right now would be enough to "feed his family"

I really don't feel bad for any of these superstar athletes who go broke, it's their own fault.  The guys making minimum's is different, but the guys who end up getting 10+ million a season and then are broke in short fashion is because they're just dumb with their money.

Again, say you don't blame them for asking for the most possible, that's totally fair, but just don't say "they need to feed their families" when we're talking about a guy who has made 14 million already and will make another 16 this year if he doesn't sit out.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 1

37 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Your first mistake is comparing a NFL star player salary to your average person salary. Different money and Burns is losing a lot more money than you would at a normal job.

Generational worth is what Burns is risking. 14 mil is not a lot of money when you consider his expenses. There is a reason star athletes live much different than you and I.

He has already made 14 mill.  Panthers already offered him a deal he won’t signed that likely had between 40-50 million guaranteed in it.   Chubb’s had 53 mill. So I’m being conservative for the argument. 

that’s generational wealth already in the bag and done…..he isn’t fighting for it. 

21 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Yes, and it is their choice to live that way.

They could limit themselves to even as if they made 200k a year salary and live a very nice and comfortable life, and if smart with how you invest, that would probably end up being generational wealth as well.  

My point is just that using the "need to feed my family" argument when you're talking about someone who has already earned that kind of money is ridiculous.  A small fraction of what he's made right now would be enough to "feed his family"

I really don't feel bad for any of these superstar athletes who go broke, it's their own fault.  The guys making minimum's is different, but the guys who end up getting 10+ million a season and then are broke in short fashion is because they're just dumb with their money.

Again, say you don't blame them for asking for the most possible, that's totally fair, but just don't say "they need to feed their families" when we're talking about a guy who has made 14 million already and will make another 16 this year if he doesn't sit out.

Have you ever played football in your life?

So when these guys are retired and have CTE in their 50's are you going to remember them taking a pay cut so it could help your team cap?

Look at the bigger picture dude. I don't understand why people are so against players making the most money they can. 

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So when these guys are retired and have CTE in their 50's are you going to remember them taking a pay cut so it could help your team cap?

Look at the bigger picture dude. I don't understand why people are so against players making the most money they can. 

Because we are Panther fans.  Not Burns’ family. And ultimately want the team to do smart things vs just enrich people with the most possible money they can get from Carolina. 

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Are you even reading my posts or are you just seeing that it's me and getting angry so posting something completely nonsensical in regards to what you were quoting?

Nowhere once did I mention anything about the player taking a pay cut to help the team cap.

and you said "I don't understand why people are so against players making the most money they can" but in what you quoted from me, I literally said, "Again, say you don't blame them for asking for the most possible, that's totally fair"

Because, and I say this yet AGAIN... All I'm saying is that using the "need to feed their families" argument in defending them is nonsense, that's it.  They have made and would make on what we're offering far more than they need to feed their families.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be asking for the most possible, and in fact in these threads, I've consistently argued for the team to just pay him more than they want to and get it done with.  Because what he's fighting for is what you're talking about, generational wealth, not the ability to feed his family, which you initially said.

But keep quoting my posts and responding with something completely irrelevant to what I said, because you like to argue with me for some reason.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Are you even reading my posts or are you just seeing that it's me and getting angry so posting something completely nonsensical in regards to what you were quoting.

Nowhere once did I mention anything about the player taking a pay cut to help the team cap.

and you said "I don't understand why people are so against players making the most money they can" but in what you quoted from me, I literally said, "Again, say you don't blame them for asking for the most possible, that's totally fair"

Because, and I say this yet AGAIN... All I'm saying is that using the "need to feed their families" argument in defending them is nonsense, that's it.  They have made and would make on what we're offering far more than they need to feed their families.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be asking for the most possible, and in fact in these threads, I've consistently argued for the team to just pay him more than they want to and get it done with.  Because what he's fighting for is what you're talking about, generational wealth, not the ability to feed his family, which you initially said.

But keep quoting my posts and responding with something completely irrelevant to what I said, because you like to argue with me for some reason.

For the love of God please stop giving this kid any attention

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

Because we are Panther fans.  Not Burns’ family. And ultimately want the team to do smart things vs just enrich people with the most possible money they can get from Carolina. 

Well im a Panthers and Players fan. 

Im not a GM. Don't care to be one. But yall can continue debating what Burns can and can't get from David Tepper.lmao

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

lol... fair point, but if he quotes me and essentially is fighting me while I'm actually agreeing with most of what he's saying, I'm going to call him out for the stupidity of it.

That guy stalks me all day. Look at his profile dude just logs on to quote and poo my post. Kind of sad honestly.

On 9/4/2023 at 1:23 PM, Sgt Schultz said:

The Rams offer was partially based on the fact that they were desperately trying to make a splash and remain in contention.  If I remember right, they were 3-3 when they made that offer, and the entire NFCW was between 4-3 and 3-4.  The 49ers had just made their big splash acquiring CMC to make their push for the division.  The Rams offer reflected that.

Right now, everybody is 0-0, nobody is desperate (unless somebody suffered an injury at the Edge during preseason that I am not thinking of), and most teams would have no idea what position to acquire in a push for their division yet.  If he continues to hold out, his trade value goes down the longer it drags on.

I said in another Burns thread, when we turned down the Rams offer, we made a decision to get out the checkbook, whether they knew it or not.  We now have to deal with the fallout from that.

this

I like Burns and want us to keep him but we were fooling ourselves if we thought we were going to get a huge discount in re-signing him lol 

• Beer 1