• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns is back in pads at practice

JawnyBlaze

5 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Damn that presents a problem. They are at 24, he is at 27-28. 3-4 million apart is a good distance still

Some said he wanted 30-34 mil.

These rumors are making my head spin.

28mil seems reasonable given his age. He is our pass rush to be honest. I just want us to get this deal done so we have no distractions during the season.

Just now, CRA said:

If Bosa is only getting 1 mill more than Burns…..that will tell you Bosa got screwed or Carolina got screwed.  Burns and Bosa aren’t the same. 

total speculation on my part but from what I read and listen to today, it seems like burns people think he is at the bosa level and the panthers feel like he is the crosby tier and both sides are dug in and being so far apart there isnt a compromise on the horizon

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Some said he wanted 30-34 mil.

These rumors are making my head spin.

28mil seems reasonable given his age. He is our pass rush to be honest. I just want us to get this deal done so we have no distractions during the season.

We need more pass rush regardless of what he signs for. Sure would be nice to find some gem in the draft with a hella ability to get to the QB lined up on the other side of Burns. Pressure constantly coming from both sides and some nasty pressure up the middle would be great. 

• Pie 1

At some point the salary cap is going to have to increase to accomodate all these massive contracts. It was one thing when it was only QBs getting this kind of money, but now DEs and WRs are creeping up there as well. If this keeps up it won't just be the RBs complaining about how bad the market is for their position.

5 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Yeah thats high as can be. I dont even think Bosa will get that

25 yo reigning best defensive player in the league will probably be the newest highest paid defensive player in the league. Means he's probably going to top Donald's 31 mil/year contract he signed at 31 yo.

Just now, Untouchable said:

25 yo reigning best defensive player in the league will probably be the newest highest paid defensive player in the league. Means he's probably going to top Donald's 31 mil/year contract he signed at 31 yo.

In other words to keep Burns we are definitely going to be paying top dollar for sure I guess then. If we don't, lots of other teams would it appears

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Geez, I guess that position is truly the highest of importance right under QB!

Which when you think about it, makes these DE contracts almost a bargain.

The top QB's in the league right now are making $50+ million a year, second most important position then going for max about 30 a year, that's a steal

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

In other words to keep Burns we are definitely going to be paying top dollar for sure I guess then. If we don't, lots of other teams would it appears

Yes and no, I think people keep forgetting that we'd only be paying him top dollar for one, maybe two seasons.

It won't take long for the next batch of pass rushers to surpass the contracts.

Parsons is eligible for an extension next year, I'll bet any amount of money right now that he will sign a contract for more than Bosa.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Ricky Prickles said:

Yeah I'm expecting TJ Watt/Joey Bosa numbers (27-28.5 mil/year) which is what the new reports are saying Burns camp is asking for. Front office is obviously trying to keep that number down right now.

4 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Which when you think about it, makes these DE contracts almost a bargain.

The top QB's in the league right now are making $50+ million a year, second most important position then going for max about 30 a year, that's a steal

If you put it that way it seems to be. Hopefully his production continues to rise each year as it has been doing. On a good note, he doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would get paid and then put it on cruise control. He seems like a high character set an example leadership type of guy